Windows 7 this is incredible i had bsod on my sony laptop and now sony replaced it and new one also has bsod

Just asking: Im not a PRO at this, but just thinking, do you think since on both computers, the memories where added I thought of two things:
1. If a memory is faulty, can it damage something else and even if it was later on changed it had already damaged something?
2. Maybe do the memories that sony are putting on my computer have incompatibility issues with my computer? Just asking

View attachment 17198
This is what you ordered and just saying I have some windows and VAIO updates but everytime I run them like about in half download of updates it gets a BSOD so I am unable to update them sometimes
Nope that's not what I "ordered" I didn't say anything about windows updates, nor VAIO updates, the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 can be downloaded and burned on another computer if you have one available and runs independent of the Operating System installed because it boots into it own GUI utility. If the computer Blue Screens while running the virus scan from the CD, then you'll likely need to consider either a heat (temperature) problem, memory issue ( a bad stick, slot or misconfigured timings) or perhaps even other hardware issues.
I still haven't seen any screen shots from CPUz yet, unless I've overlooked something and I haven't seen the results of your having run the SF Diagnostic Tool (right click run as administrator), nor an html report from RAMMon.
This is a difficult enough process even if we have all the information we've asked for, but at least if we have it we may be able to make some better educated guesses as to what might be happening with your computer or at least concede that we have no idea what's going on.
And while you're at it consider also filling out your system specs. Read this http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/72212-help-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html
Regards
Randy

Nope that's not what I "ordered" I didn't say anything about windows updates, nor VAIO updates, the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 can be downloaded and burned on another computer if you have one available and runs independent of the Operating System installed because it boots into it own GUI utility. If the computer Blue Screens while running the virus scan from the CD, then you'll likely need to consider either a heat (temperature) problem, memory issue ( a bad stick, slot or misconfigured timings) or perhaps even other hardware issues.
I still haven't seen any screen shots from CPUz yet, unless I've overlooked something and I haven't seen the results of your having run the SF Diagnostic Tool (right click run as administrator), nor an html report from RAMMon.
This is a difficult enough process even if we have all the information we've asked for, but at least if we have it we may be able to make some better educated guesses as to what might be happening with your computer or at least concede that we have no idea what's going on.
And while you're at it consider also filling out your system specs. Read this http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/72212-help-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html
Regards
Randy
I said that only as a comment. The attachment was the from the diagnostics tool you ordered me to run. And about the Kaspersky, I need to go out and buy a dvd, cause I dont have any, and I dont have other computers, just my phone. I write all of this in my phone.

I said that only as a comment. The attachment was the from the diagnostics tool you ordered me to run. And about the Kaspersky, I need to go out and buy a dvd, cause I dont have any, and I dont have other computers, just my phone. I write all of this in my phone.

I am sitting here looking at your most recent attachment titled dmpfiles2 and it only includes four recent dumpfiles 112711-31028-01.dmp, 112711-44897-01.dmp, 112711-50965-01.dmp, 112711-58796-01.dmp. Should I be looking at another attachment somewhere else? My apologies if I have overlooked an attachment that you included in one of your post that has the actual results of having run the SF Diagnostic Tool (after having right clicked the executable and choosing "Run as Administrator), the screen shots of all tabs from CPUz, including all slots populated with memory, as well as the html report from RAMMon. If you could direct me to that attachment I would enjoy having a look.
And I'm sorry for not answering this question from you;
Just asking: Im not a PRO at this, but just thinking, do you think since on both computers, the memories where added I thought of two things:
1. If a memory is faulty, can it damage something else and even if it was later on changed it had already damaged something?
2. Maybe do the memories that sony are putting on my computer have incompatibility issues with my computer? Just asking
Answer to #1 -> No. faulty memory can cause data corruption but is not likely to cause any long term physical damage to your computer.
Answer to #2 -> No. Not likely, I would suspect that they have the proper SKUs to determine exactly what memory your system requires. And unless during the exchange something was physically done to damage either the memory stick or the motherboard slot that holds the memory then I wouldn't suspect a problem. That is not to say that new memory cannot be bad right out of the box, it can. Not often but it can.
Regards
Randy

Three of your most recent four dump files identify a problem with memory corruption.
Code:
BugCheck 4E, {99, 1dba47, 0, 810003}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).  If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
and
Code:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+c0 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
and
Code:
BugCheck 4E, {99, 1dd005, 2, 1dcc04}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).
So, while I, never ever "order" anyone to do anything, please consider this as close to an order as I will ever come
Uninstall Norton.
Use the programs own uninstaller if present in the programs directory, or else use the programs and features applet in the control panel to uninstall. Which ever be certain to follow up that by using this vendor specific proprietary removal tool and install Link Removed due to 404 Error
Thank You
Randy

View attachment 17198
This is what you ordered and just saying I have some windows and VAIO updates but everytime I run them like about in half download of updates it gets a BSOD so I am unable to update them sometimes

Here is the post with the diagnostic attached(in the original post appears as sevenforums.zip and here appears as attachement 17198), i did attached it, maybe you just overlooked it.
Regards, John

View attachment 17198

Here is the post with the diagnostic attached(in the original post appears as sevenforums.zip and here appears as attachement 17198), i did attached it, maybe you just overlooked it.
Regards, John And I attached it again in this postView attachment Seven Forums.zip

Yes I did, and again I apologize. That does contain the results from having run the SF Diagnostic Tool and thank you for that, much appreciated.
Still looking for screen shots from CPUz and the html report from RAMMon, that would be great as well.
Also after having uninstalled nortons as per post above, please attach any new dump files with the CPUz and RAMMon reports.
Thanks again.
Randy

Additionally can you double check with the manufacturer's website. As best I can determine there is a BIOS update for you from
R2084H4 10/13/2011 to R2085H4 11/21/2011
Make sure you are checking specifically for your exact model some VPCSE12FX have an /S or /B and that might be significant although it looks pretty much like they have the same BIOS version as best I can tell. Don't know why the Sony Techs didn't update it for you while they had it.

This utility updates the BIOS to resolve the following issues:

The computer may not resume from standby or hibernation modes
The computer may hang, freeze (stop responding), or is unable to start Windows® after POST
Reduces fan noise
The computer may hang or freeze (stop responding), during playback of High Definition video when running on battery power
The computer may display "No Boot" or "No OS Found" errors due to a failure in communications between the BIOS and the Hard Drive
Resolves an issue where the user is unable to login to the computer due to a critical battery message when starting Windows when using the battery to power the computer
The battery status shows as "Not present" when the battery is fully charged
Seems like it addresses several important issues although who knows if it will fix what's going on currently. Still might be worth a try.
Generic link for your product
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mo...te_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab
/S link to your product
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mo...te_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab
/B link to your product

Last edited:
Yes I did, and again I apologize. That does contain the results from having run the SF Diagnostic Tool and thank you for that, much appreciated.
Still looking for screen shots from CPUz and the html report from RAMMon, that would be great as well.
Also after having uninstalled nortons as per post above, please attach any new dump files with the CPUz and RAMMon reports.
Thanks again.
Randy
Very sorry but by looking for screen shots from CPUz and the html report from RAMMon, what does this mean? Im got lost there for a moment

No problem, look how long it took me to find your attachment.
Refer back to this Sticky Thread http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678
A download link for both CPUz as well as RAMMon are located there and some examples of screen shots, images taken using the windows snipping tool and paint to capture each tab of CPUz. RAMMon just save a copy of the report (export html) put it all into a folder, zip it up and attach it.
But before you drive yourself nuts with that, how about removing Norton including using the removal tool that I linked to in my previous post and consider updating your BIOS and see if the Blue screen issues persist.
If so post new (more recent dump files for us to take a look at and then include the snips from CPUz and the html report from RAMMon.
Thanks
Randy

No problem, look how long it took me to find your attachment.
Refer back to this Sticky Thread http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678
A download link for both CPUz as well as RAMMon are located there and some examples of screen shots, images taken using the windows snipping tool and paint to capture each tab of CPUz. RAMMon just save a copy of the report (export html) put it all into a folder, zip it up and attach it.
But before you drive yourself nuts with that, how about removing Norton including using the removal tool that I linked to in my previous post and consider updating your BIOS and see if the Blue screen issues persist.
If so post new (more recent dump files for us to take a look at and then include the snips from CPUz and the html report from RAMMon.
Thanks
Randy

I hope I included everything. I also included my dmp files because there are like 3 recent bluescreens, all of them were after I removed Norton and installed Microsoft Esssentials. Warn me if I missed anything
Regards, John

Last edited:
Hi John,

Can you go to the Intel site. Use the Intel® Driver Update Utility (in Internet Explorer gives me the best results). See what updates if any are available. Specifically looking for Intel WiFi.

That is about it for drivers. I wouldn't worry about the MS updates for now either. You could well be having memory corruption issues still/again.

John:
Can you advise as to whether or not you have any USB devices (peripherals) that you have connected always, sometime, rarely?
Say for instance a Card Reader, specifically a Realtek USB Mass Storage Driver that perhaps needs a driver update from here Realtek just wondering because it was mentioned in your most recent dump file, but I cannot find it mentioned in any of your attachments anywhere?

John:
Can you advise as to whether or not you have any USB devices (peripherals) that you have connected always, sometime, rarely?
Say for instance a Card Reader, specifically a Realtek USB Mass Storage Driver that perhaps needs a driver update from here Realtek just wondering because it was mentioned in your most recent dump file, but I cannot find it mentioned in any of your attachments anywhere?

To say the truth, the ONLY time there has been connected a USB device that was my hard drive was my first day with the computer during a program installation stored in the external hard drive i got my first bsod, on this computer. But after that, they changed the hard drive, memories and re installed the operative system. But the problem persisted. But it all started when I connected my hard drive.From since, I have never connected anything, not even my external drive. (The sony technician said that maybe the external drive had something incompatible with the computer)

Hi John,

Can you go to the Intel site. Use the Intel® Driver Update Utility (in Internet Explorer gives me the best results). See what updates if any are available. Specifically looking for Intel WiFi.

That is about it for drivers. I wouldn't worry about the MS updates for now either. You could well be having memory corruption issues still/again.

All updates were up to date, but specifically the intel wifi driver says:"This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates."

Do me a favor, when you get a chance and do a search on your C: drive for this
RtsPStor.sys
let us know if the search finds it and where, like C:\Windows\system32\drivers or where ever
Thanks
Randy

Back