Windows 7 This really weird windows update happened overnight while my PC was off and it changed my entire computer.

danstorm

So I turned off my PC overnight, when I woke up today instead of welcoming me in, my screen also said: Prepairing your desktop. Next thing I know my entire desktop files and folders were deleted and my background is black (happens everytime I turn on my PC now). I still have all of my files, but programs like fraps which has full and demo version got set to demo version even though I've been using the full version for over 2 years. Same thing with PS CS6 and Blender. Also another stupid bug, my google font has changed, it used to be very neat and now it sucks, its font is very thin and pixely and I don't know how to fix it.

So did anyone else get this problem?
Is there an easy fix so I can go back to my old version (a.k.a. the way it was yesterday)?

Is there an easy fix so I can go back to my old version (a.k.a. the way it was yesterday)?
As I understand from your post that you can log in and access your Desktop, you can do as in this video tutorial:

However, it is always BEST to back up all your important files to different media (other than your computer Hard Disk).

Back
Top Bottom