Thoughts on this desktop

H4X0R46

Honorable Member
Hey guys! So I have a quick question for the gamers out there! I'm looking into getting me a prebuilt desktop PC that is affordable and powerful enough to play just about any game on the market right now! I came across this thing and it's looking good to me! What do you think? Can you find a better one in this price range?

Link: iBUYPOWER Gamer WA563R7 Black Desktop PC with AMD Six-Core FX-6300 Vishera Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home (Monitor Not Included) - Walmart.com

Someone had said that only having a 400w power source, that you may need a new power source just to drop a more expensive GPU in it, thoughts? And thanks again all! :D

I'd do a search on Amazon http://www.amazon.com & Newegg Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com . That pc is old and a little bit overpriced and it only has onboard graphics. You won't really be able to play any games with it. Yes that is low for a power supply, too.
This one on Amazon is a little bit better and has a low-end video card. https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC...d=1472193979&sr=1-8&keywords=Desktop+Computer
Heres a few on Newegg. Desktop Computers / Desktop PCs: All in One Computers, Gaming Desktops - Newegg.com
Do a search at Staples & Best Buy. You should come around with some sales, as school just begun.

I'd do a search on Amazon Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more & Newegg Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com . That pc is old and a little bit overpriced and it only has onboard graphics. You won't really be able to play any games with it. Yes that is low for a power supply, too.
This one on Amazon is a little bit better and has a low-end video card. https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC...d=1472193979&sr=1-8&keywords=Desktop+Computer
Heres a few on Newegg. Desktop Computers / Desktop PCs: All in One Computers, Gaming Desktops - Newegg.com
Do a search at Staples & Best Buy. You should come around with some sales, as school just begun.

The PC says it has an AMD Radeon R7 250. It has 2GB of dedicated memory, the amazon one you linked says it has 1GB. Is this integrated graphics? I saw a youtuber say he replaced the graphics card. I did some spec searching and it seems to run most games really well! Is this a bad choice? I don't wanna spend that much on something that isn't worth it. Thanks so much for your reply! Helps me a LOT!

Not to step on any toes here; but the Amazon link to the CyberPower PC isn't any better than the OP link for the iBuypower PC. Infact the CPU on it is worse....4300 vs 6300.....the 6300 is way better. The mobo in both choices are outdated.

OP: Personally for that kind of money ($500) you'd be better off piecing together a PC and building it yourself. The only thing missing if you go this route is the OS....just keep that in mind. Depending on what type of build (brand - AMD vs Intel) you can save some money on a AMD build.

Not to step on any toes here; but the Amazon link to the CyberPower PC isn't any better than the OP link for the iBuypower PC. Infact the CPU on it is worse....4300 vs 6300.....the 6300 is way better. The mobo in both choices are outdated.

OP: Personally for that kind of money ($500) you'd be better off piecing together a PC and building it yourself. The only thing missing if you go this route is the OS....just keep that in mind. Depending on what type of build (brand - AMD vs Intel) you can save some money on a AMD build.
I would love to make my own PC, but I wouldn't know where to start really lol I was considering getting this PC for now and then later on upgrading it's power supply and GPU to something with 4GB of dedicated video memory. Possibly upping the ram to 16GB as well! The board can take 16GB of RAM and supposedly can have the GPU upgraded as well. Is this a bad approach?

Also, building a PC would be IDEAL, but I wouldn't know how to start honestly.

I would love to make my own PC, but I wouldn't know where to start really lol I was considering getting this PC for now and then later on upgrading it's power supply and GPU to something with 4GB of dedicated video memory. Possibly upping the ram to 16GB as well! The board can take 16GB of RAM and supposedly can have the GPU upgraded as well. Is this a bad approach?

Also, building a PC would be IDEAL, but I wouldn't know how to start honestly.

No...not a bad approach at all. In fact that's a nice happy middle route to go.

Just keep in mind that the mobo is a tad outdated....which is using DDR3 RAM.

Note: the first thing I would upgrade is the PSU. Something in the 600 to 750 watt range and either Seasonic, Antec, XFX, EVGA for a brand. This will allow for a nice GPU later on.

No...not a bad approach at all. In fact that's a nice happy middle route to go.

Just keep in mind that the mobo is a tad outdated....which is using DDR3 RAM.

Note: the first thing I would upgrade is the PSU. Something in the 600 to 750 watt range and either Seasonic, Antec, XFX, EVGA for a brand. This will allow for a nice GPU later on.
Thanks for the links and info! Much appreciated! :D is DDR3 RAM really different from DDR4 or DDR5? Is there a night and day difference in performance? And also, would this board support DDR4 RAM if I went out and bought some? Thanks!

For the machine you're building DDR3 would be fine. The speed differences are negligible in real life situations while gaming.

For the machine you're building DDR3 would be fine. The speed differences are negligible in real life situations while gaming.
Thanks! That's good to know! I will also be needing a DVI to HDMI converter because I'm gonna be using a TV. And a good wireless adapter, the PC doesn't have one built in. What's a good adapter that's not too expensive, but can handle my 70mbps connection? I wouldn't wanna buy one that doesn't work. Thanks guys!

If you're going low end DDR3 to low end DDR4 you can expect about twice the data transfer rate on the memory, on high end you get about a 33% increase in transfer rates. DDR4 also has lower voltage requirements and 2 - 4 times the memory density.

If you're going low end DDR3 to low end DDR4 you can expect about twice the data transfer rate on the memory, on high end you get about a 33% increase in transfer rates. DDR4 also has lower voltage requirements and 2 - 4 times the memory density.
So there would be a noticeable difference between the two? If this PC comes with ddr3, can the board most likely handle ddr4?

Would you see a noticeable difference, probably not. I don't believe most hard drives could keep up with the transfer speeds, unless you had either a pci express SSD or a Samsung 950 SSD then you may see a difference. The best advice when building a system is to make sure all your components are around the same quality and remember you will always bottleneck at your worst component.

Thanks guys for all the pointers! I may buy this PC and just upgrade it in the future! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom