Windows 10 Tidying up after upgrading to new build.

Installed Win 10 TP Enterprise build 9841 in another laptop.

Installed Ccleaner 4.18 > ran it > restarted > picture folder still showed thumbnails.
Installed Ccleaner 4.19 > ran it > restarted > picture folder still showed thumbnails.

Apparently, the issue is on build 9860.

Fact is, as I mentioned in another thread, I have had seceral newly introduced, but minor errors, that I did not have in 9841. It does not disturb me too much. This is a branch build and I live with the optimistic hope that when they bring it all together, it will perform ok. Now is the time to throw that feedback at them!

Yeah I didn't think it did the same thing with the earlier build I seem to remember running Ccleaner with no ill effect. I have quite a few images/wallpapers which are backed up and I always pop this folder in the Pictures section for easier access hence the discovery of the bug..

Ultimately though Davehc is right about that feedback!

CCicon.gif

I used CCleaner 4.19, on Build 9860 a while back. Wiped out Windows.old very nicely and didn't do anything undesirable to thumbnail pictures. Run CCleaner quite regularly, no matter what Build, always the latest version of CCleaner, no ill effects, @ all.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Just added photos and everything was fine. Ran CCleaner 4.19 and it wipe out my thumbnails.

When windows 8 beta came out had a similar problem in the fact it wiped out my adobe flashplayer. I am sure as they get the final version of Win 10 out everything will work.

I have to disagree with what the article says.

I can't be sure about Win 8/8.1, as I don't have them any more.

I can say with absolute certainty that Ccleaner does not erase the thumbnail cache in my Windows 7.
I have been using Ccleaner since Vista. That's at least 6 years. Ccleaner never does that.

I am now using Ccleaner ver 4.19 on......................
Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
Win 10 TP Enterprise build 9841, 64-bit
Win 10 TP non-Enterprise build 9860, 32-bit

This issue described only applies to my Win 10 TP build 9860.

I've certainly not come across this issue before now and I've been using Ccleaner for years. I just find it odd that it's out there..

Back