Windows 7 Too much CPU

Not to mention 3.2ghz is ample even had it been single core is fine for windows 7, runs quite well on 2ghz single cored laptop my missus uses.

Try this Amadeus.
If it is present,
!. Disable the high definition audio controller, if it is present..

2. Can you, if you have not already, disable the onboard video?

Third option. Do you have the means to try another graphics card?

Not to mention 3.2ghz is ample even had it been single core is fine for windows 7, runs quite well on 2ghz single cored laptop my missus uses.

I "beg to differ", my daughters single core P4 3.2Ghz Cedar Mills 641 w/ 1.5GB of mem seemed to run Win 7 OK, it streamed Netflix movies OK, played CD's and DVD's, but when I tried to stream music from my main Home Server the cpu fan raced, and the cpu was overloaded

MC7/msnbc.com was also very unresponsive

didn't even try to stream movies w/ MyMovies

I upgraded her to an old AMD X2 3800+ (939 pin Manchester core) w/ 2GB of mem, now she can stream blu rays w/o a problem

same 2600XT in both PC's

Running "office" on Win 7 w/ a single core, & running Media Center 7 smoothly w/ a single core are 2 different things

in my humble experience

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, but that more a case for bad config or bad drivers, or maybe horrible apps like Norton being installed.....or WiFi issues. My missus uses her 2ghz lappy for office 2007 on win7 for all her work...mainly publisher and word...my observations see it running at a seemless speed that wouldnt really benefit much from multicore.

BTW her's is a 2ghz Celeron with Intel onboard VGA, the lowest of the low, she happily watches DVD movie streams and tv shows on it from my network, plays music constantly and not a ounce of lag or jitter....on a wired Ethernet system I rigged in every room of my house.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, but that more a case for bad config or bad drivers, or maybe horrible apps like Norton being installed.....or WiFi issues. My missus uses her 2ghz lappy for office 2007 on win7 for all her work...mainly publisher and word...my observations see it running at a seemless speed that wouldnt really benefit much from multicore.

BTW her's is a 2ghz Celeron with Intel onboard VGA, the lowest of the low, she happily watches DVD movie streams and tv shows on it from my network, plays music constantly and not a ounce of lag or jitter....on a wired Ethernet system I rigged in every room of my house.

Well if that's the case I guess you are right sir, lol

ocgw

peace

Back