Windows 7 Too Much time at the start and welcome screen Help please my first 2 days with my new computer :/

iceman2894

Hi,
I thought this will be the best place to get working solutions
I tried 2 different Copies of Win 7 ultimate 64 bit on my system (view my profile for system hardware)
and both take about 10 seconds in black screen the it shows my user account I write my password then enter
It takes about 3 seconds then switches to Welcome Loading It takes about 15 seconds then another black screen for about 6 seconds then the computer starts to load the desktop then task bar and get a lot of the loading mouse pointer then it works
I don't know what's wrong ?
though the same windows copy at my friend computer works well ??
my installed programs I i will attach a txt file with them

Attachments

• install.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 313
It would be more interesting to know which of these progrmas are running automatically on your boot-up.

Send a screenshot of the Startup tab.

But looking at the list of programs, GET RID of Adobe Air (unless you are really using it), Ask Toolbar and Splashtop Connect.

I removed all unnecessary programs from start up ofcourse
screenshot attached

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 468
Hi,
I thought this will be the best place to get working solutions
I tried 2 different Copies of Win 7 ultimate 64 bit on my system (view my profile for system hardware)
and both take about 10 seconds in black screen the it shows my user account I write my password then enter
It takes about 3 seconds then switches to Welcome Loading It takes about 15 seconds then another black screen for about 6 seconds then the computer starts to load the desktop then task bar and get a lot of the loading mouse pointer then it works
I don't know what's wrong ?
though the same windows copy at my friend computer works well ??
my installed programs I i will attach a txt file with them

I don't have answer to your problem.
In fact, my computer startup time is also slow.
My workaround is to put computer to "sleep" instead of "shut down".
That way, it comes back to life in a flash.

I was doing that when I was having a Core 2 Due now I have a Powerfull RIG why then ? Even my friend with Core i3 for about 3 months or more old don't have that issue
my windows at the first time restart after the install is good then after that goes slow ??
I think something in the services :/

That Daemon tool is not a native program and probably keeps scanning/reading for virtual disks whenever you boot up. Try disabling that.

Also try running CCleaner to get rid of unwanted system files that can cause system slow down. How long does your system take to completely boot up?

Last edited:
Daemon Tools yeah I will stop it okay
and I already have CCleaner I will try removing what you said
it takes about 2-4 minutes

2 minutes is really very long. when was the last time you had a faster boot up and when did you notice it start slowing down? What was the last thing that you did?

Please download the attached file and save it to your desktop and rename it as "Restart-Time.vbs". Basically you just need to remove the ".txt" at the end. After that double click the file and your PC will restart. Then a pop-up message will show on the screen telling you how long it took for your PC to completely reboot. Mine takes between 45 and 55 sec. I only have an i-5 quad-core system.

Post the restart time if you don't mind.

Attachments

• Restart-Time.vbs.txt
    983 bytes · Views: 276
look I tried 2 Windows 7 copies both start slowing after the 2nd or 3rd restart
okay I will check
and I only install my games and the programs I attached at first

Wow! that's long.
Do you have USB external hard drives connected to your PC? That also affects boot up time as the PC scans all the connected peripherals on boot-up. I don't have my external hard drives directly connected to my PC. I access them remotely thru my router (like NAS).

Back