Windows 7 TOshiba Laptop + Radeon mobility x1400 driver will not work!

Tsukasa

Hey guys, jsut installed windows 7, it looks pretty sweet, but there is one problem making me almsot go back to xp again

toshiba doesnt really care about their old laptops, they will not upgrade the drivers after a few months (i have an tecra a6)

and they do not let normal ati display drivers install on their notebooks, you have to use their drivers (horribly outdated) or get the mobility modder to hack the new drivers.

I took the second option, i downloaded version 9.8 of the catalyst package with the drivers, ahcked it and installed it

now, my problem is, i go into device manager, and there is an error for my video card, it says code 43, there is a problem with the driver, or someting the like. If i go automaticly update driver, it installs the generic vga graphics adaptor (not good!!!!!), then if i say let me choose the driver and select the ATI display driver, it says there was an error installing the driver, the service is marked for deletion

i cant stand this, if i cant get this driver working, iwill ahve to leave windows 7 :'(

i realy need some help :)

thanks
tsuk

ohb yea, for my missing device drivers, i've had to install win xp ones, will that really affect much?

Back
Top Bottom