Windows 7 touch pad intermittently works. Putting to sleep fixes it. Holding down left click allows cursor to

Stephan Papp

Hello, this seems to be an unusual problem that's been becoming progressively worse, which seems to suggest it may be a hardware issue. At first, my touch pad stopped working after hours of use. I could make the cursor move, but never the direction I moved my fingers. Now, it happens within several minutes or less using the laptop. If I hold down the left click, I can move the cursor, but it's not controlled, and often goes where it wants. If I put my computer to sleep, it fixes the problem, but only for several minutes. If I don't use my computer for a while after the pad stops working, it sometimes fixes it self. And if I don't use the pad at all after turning on the computer, it will work upon touch, but stop working within 5-15 minutes. It's most definitely not because of F9, but I won't throw out the option that it's because of some other button I could be hitting. I have disabled all touch pad options, one at a time, such as double tap, scroll, and animations, and the problem persists.

I'll give 1 million dollars to who ever can help fix my problem.
Just kidding, hah, but seriously, please help.

Thanks,
Stephan

Back
Top Bottom