Windows 7 TPM Encrypted drive

humaxnova

Hello Everyone,

Ill start by saying thankyou to all that will help me in this intriguing problem.

Last night I put my computer into hibernation mode. I awoke this morning to find it doing some odd clicking noises every time i clicked on a link decided to scroll down using the keyboard. It would not let me make a repetitive movement regarding anything. i.e. putting the volume the down i had to push the key many times till it got to zero, websites will scrolling down I had to repeatedly push the down arrow till I got to where I wanted. Finally I restarted the bloody machine and it stopped but what I discovered was that when i attempted to access my encrypted drive Z: it told me that it was corrupt and so on. I restarted once again to see if it would fix like the clicking coming from my speakers. It did not. When I restarted it asked me for password and for my fingerprint *ODD* when it usually just wants fingerprint id. I later went to the software and it told me my TPM chip was deactivated. I re-activated it then it asked me to establish me as the owner again so I did that too. And then when I went to unlock Z: drive it told me That it did not exist and whether or not I would like to restore it. I clicked restore It tells me that a vault cannot be created on that drive because there are other files and folders. However when I go to MY computer to see the drive its not there. Somebody please help!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't look good.. When you restarted the machine was it a normal shutdown/reboot or a hard shutdown?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom