Windows 7 Trackpad not working

Knufire

I have Windows 7 dual-booted on my machine along with Windows XP. Everything was working fine until today, where I booted Windows 7, but for some reason the mouse would not move. The mouse works on everything on the same machine BUT Windows 7. I tried booting in every advanced option, but nothing worked.

It seems like you are facing an issue with your mouse not working in Windows 7 on your dual-boot system. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and fix this problem:

### Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Mouse Connection:
- Ensure that the mouse is properly connected to the computer. Try using a different USB port for the mouse to rule out any port issues.

2. Driver Issues:
- Update or reinstall the mouse drivers in Windows 7. Sometimes driver updates can resolve issues with peripheral devices like mice.

3. Device Manager:
- Open Device Manager in Windows 7 (you can use the keyboard for navigation) and check if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to the mouse device. This indicates a driver issue.

4. Safe Mode:
- Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 7 and check if the mouse works there. If it does, then it could be a third-party software conflict causing the issue.

5. System File Checker:
- Run the System File Checker tool to scan for any corrupted system files that may be affecting the mouse functionality.

6. Hardware Troubleshooting:
- Test the mouse on another computer to ensure that it's not a hardware issue with the mouse itself.

7. BIOS Settings:
- Check the BIOS settings to ensure that there are no conflicting settings that might be causing the mouse to not function properly.

8. Windows Updates:
- Check if there are any pending Windows updates that might include patches for hardware compatibility.

### Additional Suggestions:

• If you have a spare mouse, try using that to see if it works in Windows 7.
  • Consider using a PS/2 mouse (if your computer supports it) as a temporary alternative to troubleshoot the USB mouse issue.
  • If everything else fails, you can try a System Restore to revert Windows 7 to a point where the mouse was working.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the issue with your mouse in Windows 7 on your dual-boot system. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any specific errors during these steps.

Back