Windows 11 transfer windows 10 to windows 11

kgash

Extraordinary Member
I have an older pc running Windows 10. Unfortunately, its processor is not capable of running Windows 11. I plan to get a new pc running Windows 11. Will I have to reinstall all my apps, profiles and other information from my old computer or is there a way to transfer all of the information over to the new computer? If there is, what do you recommend?
Thankks

Free tool wise most will not handle applications and even paid may not cover all apps. Reason being you have files, registry settings, permissions, services, drivers and more that would need to be captured and re-applied which is basically the same thing as a re-install.

Profiles and personal data files are possible either manually copy your profile to a flash drive etc and copy data back, or if you are more technical you could use Microsoft's USMT tool to help migrate the profile.

If you sign in to the existing system with a "Microsoft account" a.k.a an email you can simply sign into the new computer and most of the data should transfer.

Thanks.
I have come across several programs like Zinstall (zinstall.com) that claim to install everything. The following is copied from their website:
  • Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
  • Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
  • Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs
Since they charge $129 for their program I want to be sure I won't have problems if I use it.

Thanks.
I have come across several programs like Zinstall (zinstall.com) that claim to install everything. The following is copied from their website:
  • Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
  • Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
  • Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs
Since they charge $129 for their program I want to be sure I won't have problems if I use it.
I have an older pc running Windows 10. Unfortunately, its processor is not capable of running Windows 11. I plan to get a new pc running Windows 11. Will I have to reinstall all my apps, profiles and other information from my old computer or is there a way to transfer all of the information over to the new computer? If there is, what do you recommend?
Thankks
Well! Usually when you upgrade to a new computer with a newer operatingsystem you really like to install the newest versions of all programs and games.. + that you really need to install newer drivers for Windows 11 for your peripherals..
If you sign into the new PC with the same Microsoft account that you used for your old PC, you may opt to "Verify" that PC and thus you get all saved passwords, all settings, favorites etc. automatically synced to your New PC.
If you have used OneDrive on your old PC the files, documents, Photos etc. stored in there will also be transferred to your new PC..
If Not then you may connect to your old PC via the network and pick the files you want from your old PC and transfer these to your new PC..
(check out the section of: LEARN HOW EASY IT IS TO SHARE FILES WITHIN YOUR HOME NETWORK! on: Tips & Trix for more detailed information)

All You need to do is to install the latest version of all software, preferable from the manufacturers website and use the same license-key to register these..

Doing This will make your new Pc function so much better...

Last edited:
Thankks
You could move over the actual profile files with OneDrive if you have enough storage to mirror your Desktop and Documents. For the applications, you may have to reinstall. You could create an imaged backup and restore to dissimilar hardware, but in a single use case, I would not really recommend it due to possible driver issues.

Back