Windows Vista tricky boot up error!!!!!

jtabio

Days ago, restarting after Windows Updates, the system went to black screen with the error message "boot disk failure...".After several steps for troubleshooting checks in the motherboard BIOS, by luck discovered that the system will boot it up normally, if the Windows Setup DVD is in the DVD ROM, and not pressing any key, so the system went to the next boot option: the HARD DRIVE. I had in BIOS the Boot Secuence 1. CD ROM and 2. Hard DRIVE.
I have dual boot: Vista and XP in a different hard drive. The ASUS M2A-VM motherboard is 64 bit with 4GB RAM. Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3000 Mhz.
Vista is working ok, except the audio, that only makes weird noises. Reinstall the drivers but still is bad.
XP works ok, including the audio system. So that excludes any problems with the audio hardware.
Tried to repair the boot up process in my Windows Vista using the Repair option of the setup disk, but still doesn't work. So now to get the system up, the setup DVD must be in the cradle.
Any ideas to resolve it?:confused:

Have you tried running the boot order of:
1. HDD
2. CD/DVD
3.Floppy

Thats how I have mine....

The CD must be first, otherwise it will not boot.
From my explanation of the issue, the cd initial boot up process provides continuation to the boot manager for the dual boot option.

You could try system restore but failing that, you may have to re-install...

The usual suggestion - Have you tried installing EasyBCD or VistaBootPro and fixing the boot manager from either of those programs?

Back