Windows 7 Tried beta. Want to go back to XP, but can't.. HELP!

Sparemi

I like Windows 7 but i think i'll wait till the complete version.. I put my windows XP iso on to a USB Flash Drive because my Msi Wind u120 doesn't have a dvd drive an i don't have an external dvd or cd drive and i get this:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
When i start the computer up with the usb drive pluged in it says remove usb drive (or something like that) an press any button to restart.. I checked all over google and found no help.. HELP! please

Try getting into your BIOS and make sure Legacy USB is enabled and see if your computer has the ability to boot from the USB drive and make the USB the first selection in Boot priority.

Try getting into your BIOS and make sure Legacy USB is enabled and see if your computer has the ability to boot from the USB drive and make the USB the first selection in Boot priority.
I just checked and the Legacy USB Support is enabled. USB HardDisk is the first priority. It can boot from the usb drive i used this same usb drive when i had windows 7 iso on it.

open the flash drive iso and see if there is a setup.exe file.

If so, double-click on that to start the installation.

However, I've heard you can't downgrade so this might not work.

If you live in a moderate sized city, go to one of them cheap PC parts stores and get a DVD Rom for about $10.00

To the OP:

I have to ask... why on earth would you want to go back to XP after using Windows 7? ;) I'm just curious because of the way you worded it.. "I like windows 7 but I think I'll wait till the complete version".. it just sounds like your downgrading because you feel 7 isn't good enough at it's current state... ;) I could be way off but like I said, I'm just curious...

Back
Top Bottom