Windows 10 Tried to install Fall creator update 10 times with all methods on sufrace book, but unsuccessful

Mohammad83

When I try to install Windows 10 fall creator update, I get this error message:

2017-10-20 22:16:30, Error MOUPG CInstallUI::GetDefaultLanguage(1785): Result = 0x80070002[gle=0x00000002]

I tried through update assistant, media creation tool and windows update and all failed.
I also tried WU troubleshooter to clean previous windows update before each update.
all drivers all up to date and I don't have any pheriperal attached and installed to my Microsoft Surface book.
I have lot of free memory in my SSD drive ( 650 GB free).
I don't have any anti virus program or VPN program in my pc ( only windows defender)
I ran disk clean up utility.
Note: I don't want a clean install. I want to upgrade existing windows installation, since I have many productivity programs which I don't want to reinstall.
I attached full error log files.

now I have given up. anybody has idea?

this problem also posted in link below:
Tried to install Fall creator update 10 times with all methods on sufrace book, but unsuccessful

Attachments

• Error.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 348
  • You'll want to boot into the recovery console (tap F8 repeatly while the computer is booting)
  • In the advanced recovery menu you will want to select 'Command Prompt'.
  • Type bootrec /rebuildbcd
Once that completes reboot and try the upgrade again.

Side note what language is your Windows install in?

• You'll want to boot into the recovery console (tap F8 repeatly while the computer is booting)
  • In the advanced recovery menu you will want to select 'Command Prompt'.
  • Type bootrec /rebuildbcd
Once that completes reboot and try the upgrade again.

Side note what language is your Windows install in?

my windows language is English. i can not start recovery mode in my Surface book PC using F8 method.

Right click the windows icon bottom left, select restart while holding down shift and then trouble shooting then advanced start up options recovery console should be within the menu you'll get after restarting.

Nmsuk's method will also work or you can go into msconfig and enable the advanced start menu

Back