Windows 7 Trying to clean install Windows 7, wont install

XarcZai

So uhh, I'm new here and I am in need of some help. I just want to make something clear that I'm a major computer noob, so I might be a bit dumb when it comes to some things. Just now I tried to clean install my 32 bit windows 7 into a 64 bit and reformat my computer.Unfortunately, when I put in a w7 disc and manually booted it, I got an error of no compatible drivers or something. So what I did next was load it onto a usb and restarted. If I were to choose to boot up the usb, windows would skip it and just load. However, I tried it again and booted my pc up with the cd again WITH the usb still plugged in, and it skips the part where it tells me it can't find the driver and brought up the install windows with the screen that showed the partitions.So, I was happy at this point. I followed the instructions of a video I saw and continued to format the partition. I tried pressing next but... "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition."I'm not sure if I messed anything up doing this, but I deleted my partitions prior to the research I tried to make on the internet. Nothing worked. I tried this with another friends disk, no luck.So basically, 2 seperate disks, different versions of w7 but same bit value (64) boots and gives me an error telling me it can't find the proper device driver. Tried it with usb, ignores trying to boot it up. Boots up the pc with the disk(s) again with the usb plugged in, doesn't give me the driver error but doesn't let me install due to partition problems..If you have any slight idea what I can do to fix this, please help!! I am a huge newbie when it comes to computers so please have some patience when I ask stupid questions. Sorry for the words being so scrunched up, for some reason my phone made them all compacted together!

Last edited:
Hello XarcZai,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

Can you tell us what make/model your PC is, and what hardware you have installed, memory, hard drives etc:

It sounds like your system does not support x64 versions, only 32 bit (x86)

Don

Hello XarcZai,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

Can you tell us what make/model your PC is, and what hardware you have installed, memory, hard drives etc:

It sounds like your system does not support x64 versions, only 32 bit (x86)

Don

Hey Don! Thanks so much for responding. Its hard to remember my things that are internal, but I know that my model is
Vostro 220 by Dell
Everything else I'm not sure other than I have 140 gb in my hard drive, 2gb ram and a duo processor that runs 3.16 GHz. If you need more info, how do I check?

Back
Top Bottom