Windows 7 U.S. Urges Users To Disable Java: Chrome Vs. Intrenet Explorer

Synoptic12

A recent update, or information regarding the aforesaid title states:
In a rare warning,
the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is urging computer users to disable the Java software, citing what it says is a vulnerability in the Oracle's programming platform.
Apple said it is heeding the advice and has remotely disabled Java for most Mac users.
"Java 7 Update 10 and earlier contain an unspecified vulnerability that can allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system," the Homeland Security's Computer Emergency Readiness Team said in a note posted Thursday. "We are currently unaware of a practical solution to this problem."
I do not have Java enabled in Internet Explorer. I have Java enabled in Chrome. My question is: If I bring up the YouTube page via I.E., the YouTube videos will 'show' thumbnail images of videos. If I bring up the YouTube page via Chrome, "with Java enabled", thumbnails will also show images. If I disable Java in Chrome, YouTube video thumbnails will not be seen (Blank). Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
P.S.- I recently tried checking Java version, "which is enabled on Chrome", and Java shows NO version installed. If I disable Java in Chrome, "There is no difference". Java still shows NO version installed. Any replies welcome.

Back