Windows 10 ubd.exe entry point not found and irql unexpected value

migz

Hi,

I saw someone resolve a DISM log file error. Maybe you can help me, please - as I was running the DISM to solve a problem when it gave me "error 3017".

Actually, I have 3 problems:

1) ERROR BOX 1: "ubd.exe entry point not found" error box pops up each time I start my computer. To be specific: "procedure entry point_block_object_assign could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files(x86)\common files\apple\internet services\ubiquity.dll."

2) ERROR BOX 2: A second "ubd.exe entry point not found" error box pops up. To be specific: "procedure entry point_objc_init_image could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files(x86)\common files\apple\internet services\AOSKit.dll."

3) BLUE SCREEN: a big blue screen took over my computer, telling me "IRQL unexpected value".

Any idea if they're related? Can we fix this? I had windows 7 until recently and 10 days ago upgraded to Windows 10. Error box 1 existed before the upgrade. Error box 2 and blue screen are new.

Thanks!

Thanks. I think the fixes work (for now).

What I did:

1) I followed an Apple Support Communities outline for uninstalling iTunes. Specifically:
- Used IOBit uninstaller to clear my computer of ALL Apple software I could find (Quicktime, iTunes, iCloud, etc.)
- Used CCleaner to run the Registry scan (did so twice, saving the scan results each time)
- Restarted the computer.

2) I did NOT reinstall any Apple software at this time. I may do so in the next few days and see what happens. I'll share with the community my results.

As to the blue screen (IRQL_unexpected_value) - it's not shown itself at all since I restored Windows 10 to a previous date (Aug. 21st).

I hope this helps others if needed.

Thanks Josephur!

Back