Windows 7 Unable to access pictures on 2nd hard drive

joshdsalley

Alright I have a very frustrating problem. I consider myself a fairly advanced user, however I have exhausted all possibilities that I know off.

I have done a clean install of windows 7 build 7100 64 bit. Before I installed the os I backed up some files on a secondary hard drive. Now I am unable to modify, copy, view, edit, etc... any of the pictures. The other files seem to be unchanged and I can fully modify them. Obviously the first thing I tried was to take ownership of the files, which I did, but still had no luck in viewing them. I have tried as many different methods as I could find in order to take ownership of the files and have had absolutely no luck. There seems to be user names/groups that I have never seen before under the security settings. I have provided a few screenshots of the security settings. I would really appreciate any help that anyone could provide as I have all of my pictures backed up on this one drive. Thanks

Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed due to 404 Error

Edit: I have also tried both of these methods without any luck
Link Removed - Invalid URL
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/112795-context-menu-take-ownership.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom