Windows 10 Unable to boot back to Windows

VenomSnake8

I was trying to setup a dual boot with Windows 10 and Remix OS. I created a hard drive partition and used it to install Remix OS with EasyBCD. When I rebooted my system, I did not get the dual boot menu, and was taken to Windows 10 normally.

I went to advanced system settings in Windows and changed the default operating system to Remix OS. Now that I'm done with Remix, I want to get back to Windows, but I don't know how. When I switch on my system it jumps straight into Remix OS. I've tried messing around with the BIOS settings, but had no luck. Please help me.

Thanks.

This should be easy to fix. You will need either some kind of Windows Install media or a bootable Windows Recovery Disc/USB. The recovery disc/usb can be created on any Windows box.

Boot into the recovery disc / or install media and select Troubleshoot
bcd1.png

Next click on Advanced Options
bcd2.png

Now Command Prompt
bcd3.png

Select your user
bcd4.png

Enter your password and click continue
bcd5.png

Now type diskpart (1), then list disk (2) here you will need to ID which is your Windows disk, I have multiple disks in this example. Then type select disk # (3). Next list the partitions with list part (4). Your BCD store should be on the small 300MB to 500MB (5)
bcd6.png

Now you need to select that partition with select part # (6). Now assign it a letter, I picked s, assign letter=s (7), list vol shows us the partitions and we can verify S is the system reserved or EPS in a UEFI setup (8). Now type exit
bcd10.png

Now type bcdedit /store s:\boot\bcd /enum (9) you can see under Windows Boot Manager that {default} is our default boot entry and that it is pointing to the EasyBCD Linux entry
bcd7.png

Now we want to set the Windows Boot Loader as the default you will need to change the identifier to match your entry
bcd8.png

Now listing the store again we see that Windows Boot Loader is the default
bcd9.png

Reboot and you're done.

Back