Windows 7 Unable to boot Windows 7 after unistalling Ubuntu Dual boot

Narmani

After deleting the partition on which Ubuntu was installed and enlarging the windows partition to fill the old space at the same time( stupid I know), I am unable to boot to Windows 7. All I see is a command line message that says Unknown File System and on the next line says Grub Rescue> with the option to input commands. After looking at this forum and Ubuntu forums I'm still unable to resolve the issue. I would like to be able to boot into windows 7.

I see this problem a lot.
There is another post like this right now.
And I learned this the hard way my self.

If you have a dual boot set up and you want to remove one of the operating systems you should always set you system to boot to only the OS that will be left before you remove the other one.

This can be done using EasyBCD a free program that lets you modify your boot setup.

Set you computer to boot to the final OS, reboot your computer, make sure it boots without asking you which one you want to boot into, and then remove the other operating system.

It saves a lot of headaches.

Mike

@Mike and Capn Jack
Thanks so much for the help. I used the repair CD and after a few tries my machine is working fine.

Back