Windows 10 Unable to launch windows 10

Akotski1337

I’ve decided to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 but I’m having a problem. It won’t launch. What I did was from windows 8, I plugged in the flash drive that I bought from Microsoft. A window pop up and there was a .exe file. I double clicked and it said installing updates and then I put in the key. After it was done with that, my computer restarted and I made it boot up from the flash drive. Then I choose my operating system (64 bit) and it says “loading files” then I see the windows 10 startup screen, then it crashes saying windows has failed to start. (See attached files). Apparently I have some kind of important drivers missing or something. I’ve looked up on how to fix this but nothing worked. I can’t even start windows. I can’t troubleshoot. Maybe I did something wrong but I don’t know what. Should I format my main drive? Should I have started up from the flash in bios right away instead? I have a 4 Year old asus gaming laptop with a dual core i5, 16 GB of ram and a gtx 660M. I meet all the minimum requirements for windows 10. I will provide more information if necessary.
F4E9F41C-B57C-4E4B-A9A7-0A14F2E3F079.jpeg

This is my first time installing Windows so I really don't know what I'm doing. I still have Windows 8.1 installed on my HDD and I can run it (I have only one drive). Should I still have it installed? My friend told me to format my drive but I don't know how or if I should. Also, it came in a box and it had a USB drive inside. The instructions say to just boot from the drive right away. I may have done it wrong.

After you install the latest Windows Updates and reboot your computer, you may get the following error message:

Error: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates

Automatic Repair can detect and fix certain types of system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.

To run Automatic Repair by using preinstalled recovery options, follow these steps:

1. Boot to WinRE. To do this you must allow the system to fail the boot process three times.
  2. From the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
  3. Next, select Advanced options > Automatic Repair.
Automatic Repair will also launch and attempt to fix any issues that prevent Windows virtual desktop from loading.

Regards,
Adrian

This is my first time installing Windows so I really don't know what I'm doing. I still have Windows 8.1 installed on my HDD and I can run it (I have only one drive). Should I still have it installed? My friend told me to format my drive but I don't know how or if I should. Also, it came in a box and it had a USB drive inside. The instructions say to just boot from the drive right away. I may have done it wrong.
I had the same prob, after i purchased an OEM key everything is ok now, i don't think that you need realy retail activator, it costs an arm and leg, instead you can purchase a key from Amazon or Cdiscount...ect,
Personnaly i bought it from codekey-activation dote com. Good price and They send an installation guide as well, good luck

Envoyé de mon SM-J810F en utilisant Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom