Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe000a1136000, ffffd00027c63690, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this means the exception handler did not handle a exception in the Store properly.

DellRbtn.sys Fri Aug 03 22:32:54 2012: Airplane Mode Switch Driver. Please update this driver. You'll find a later version in the windows 10 section under Network:
Product Support | Dell US
Also take a look at the driver at the very top of the network section.. Sounds important?

Clear the Store cache by opening an admin command prompt and type:
WSReset.exe
Press enter and you should see the Store open with a message stating the cache has been cleared.

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the bsod continues try using the driver verifier again.

Post any new dump files.

Hello again. Sorry for all the trouble. No more crashes until this morning when I just got like 4 in a row. Here's the crash dump. I'm going to rerun the drive verifier now, but I just wanted to upload this before it crashes again.

Attachments

• W7F_03-05-2016.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
Code:

BugCheck EF, {ffffe0009349c280, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Hi,
there was only two dump files from this morning and both are bugcheck EF. This means that for whatever reason a critical process died

Please run the verifier and post the dumps.

Please clean out your minidump folder as your resending old dump files which makes the zip file large. (just makes life easier for both you and me)

I'll await your verifier dump file and don't worry we are glad to help.
:)

Here is the minidump from the verifier. I tried to look this one up and it said it's one of the realtek drivers?

Attachments

• 050316-20796-01.zip
    78 KB · Views: 332
Code:

BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff801d82c114f, 0, 5254454b}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys
Probably caused by : rt640x64.sys ( rt640x64+114f )

Hi,
the verifier is blaming your Realtek Lan driver:
rt640x64.sys Tue May 05 17:21:03 2015: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver. Your support page is carrying a slightly later driver. Please uninstall the current driver and install the one from the website:
Realtek 8105/8106E LAN driver Driver Details | Dell US

Please run these scans again as the last time you tried you got a bsod half way through. If this happens again then you may have some corruption set in and it might be worth considering a reset or trying system restore.

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Post any new dump files.

I can't run the sfc scan because every time I try I get the bsod. I have included the dump files here.

Attachments

• W7F_03-05-2016.zip
    551.4 KB · Views: 407
Please run these scans again as the last time you tried you got a bsod half way through. If this happens again then you may have some corruption set in and it might be worth considering a reset or trying system restore.
:up::worship: @kemical system restore,first;)
This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Hi IMHO There's a time to holdum and a time to foldum;) I'm sure that @kemical will solve this.
These are my thoughts. @kemical:worship: is the expert here and you should follow his advise! I follow these BSODs to learn from @kemical and I'm learning a lot;):)

Code:

BugCheck EF, {ffffe000e982d7c0, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : svchost.exe

Hi,
do you get a bsod when you try and run this in an admin command prompt:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
If it runs through to 100% (may take a while) run scannow after.

The above probable cause is a windows process which can act for many different Windows services. If you look in the task manager under Processes, scroll down to windows processes and you can see which services are attached to each 'service host'. Now if you look in the Event viewer you might be able to see if a particular service has had any issues.

I notice this driver has crept back on the system:
DellRbtn.sys Fri Aug 03 22:32:54 2012: Airplane Mode Switch Driver. If you didn't install it then maybe it's windows update?

See if removing the above driver stops the bsod but if not then I would try system restore back to point where the system ran fine. If you have no restore points then you might want to consider a RESET:
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

If the bsod still continues then we'll have to start some hardware tests.

Post any new dump files.

Hello. I will do that now but I would just like to point out that I have done a complete factory reset since the crashes started, and they continued afterwards which is when I sought help on this forum.

Hello. I will do that now but I would just like to point out that I have done a complete factory reset since the crashes started, and they continued afterwards which is when I sought help on this forum.
Apologies as you did mention it too.

In that case then and i hope i'm not too late try running Seatools to check your HDD is ok. It doesn't matter if your drive isn't a Seagate as it works on all drives:
SeaTools | Seagate

You need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I left the computer off all night due to not having time to start the scans, with the intention of doing it today. However when I turned on the laptop I was met with a black screen basically saying it couldn't find my OS. The computer did a self scan (I included pictures) which came back saying the problem was the hard drive. If I have to replace the hard drive do you have one in particular you would recommend? I'm looking for a 1tb hard drive to replace this one. 13147984_1281909898491120_1628779843_o.jpg 13170737_1281909915157785_1081741922_o.jpg 13129057_1281909935157783_1049062138_o.jpg 13184833_1281909971824446_429011545_o.jpg

If I have to replace the hard drive do you have one in particular you would recommend? I'm looking for a 1tb hard drive to replace this one.
Well a 1TB SSD would be expensive so why not go halfway and get a SSHD:
Seagate SSHD ST1000LM014 1TB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (ST1000LM014) SSHD Hybrid Drive
3 x faster than a normal drive and isn't really expensive. I prefer Seagate or Samsung but everyone has a preference I think.
Here's a 1TB SSD and see the price difference, the SSHD gives you best of both worlds:
Samsung 1.0TB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E1T0B/EU)

If you have a recovery disk/USB see if you can get back into the system. The only reason I ask is it would be good if you could run the Seatools app because that will confirm any suspicions about the HDD or least should do..

Back
Top Bottom