Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died

mlizhardy

Hello,

I am using a computer a little over a year old. About a month ago I started getting the occasional BSOD, but over the past few days it has become more and more frequent. It has gotten to the point that at times I can't even open the start menu without a crash.
This morning I reset to factory default, but the issue persists. The two most recent minidump files are attached below.

I am an engineer and needless to say, it is important to me and my work that I get this problem solved quickly.

If I were to remove windows completely and install Ubuntu would that solve my problem?

Best,

Megan

Attachments

• 040218-4890-01.dmp
    550.5 KB · Views: 490
  • 040218-5203-01.dmp
    553.8 KB · Views: 476
  • 040218-5515-01.dmp
    527.6 KB · Views: 463
The security in my system will not allow me to open any attachments. You should have posted the text in the body of the posting that is in cordinance with the date and time.

What was the code on the Blue Screen of Death??? Were you able to get that code?

Does your computer start in Safe Mode?
Hint: If the computer starts in Safe Mode, chances are it is a driver fault. Rarely, it could be a hardware fault and when the driver is installed the associated hardware causes the crash. If it starts in safe mode, then the fault may not be the OS itself.

Did you look in to the Event Logs?

Did you look at reliability history and click on the associated red X's?

If I can have the codes and the event log info, good chance I may be able to help you...

--

If the computer worked okay before, and not now there are a number of events that could have caused this. If it is hardware which is not really known for sure at this time, then no matter what other OS you install the problem will not go away.

If you were doing any Wins updates, was the computer disturbed in any way?

Was there any improper shutdown (forced) before this type of fault started to occur?

Did this problem start to happen after any particular session of updates from MS or any other types of programs?

--

Do you keep up to date backup images of your computer, and also any older backup image copies?

I cannot publish my email address openly. You can however find me on Facebook "Jerry", and leave me messages if you want to continue this.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck EF, {ffffe00163445680, 0, 0, 0}

ETW minidump data unavailable
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+a4 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
all the dump files sent were of the same bugcheck. This bugcheck means that, for whatever reason, a critical process died.

This can sometimes be down to a driver or a hardware issue.

The first thing I noticed when opening the initial dump file was your Windows 10 version number.

Your running version number 10586 or 1511 otherwise known as the November Update:

Version 1511 (November Update)
Windows 10 November Update, or Windows 10 version 1511, codenamed "Threshold 2", is the first major update to Windows 10 and the second version of the operating system. It carries the build number 10.0.10586.
Windows 10 version history - Wikipedia

Current Windows 10 versions stand at:
Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update,[350] or Windows 10 version 1709, codenamed "Redstone 3", is the fourth major update to Windows 10 and the third in a series of updates planned under the Redstone codenames. It carries the build number 10.0.16299. The first preview was released to Insiders on April 7, 2017. The final release was made available to Windows Insiders on September 26, 2017, followed by a public release on October 17.[351]
Ref: Same as above.

The last cumulative update brought the 1709 build up to version 16299.334.

I would at least update your system to the latest build number and then see if the bsod continues.

Try using the update assistant at the top of this page:
Download Windows 10

Failing the above simply run Windows update.

If after updating Windows still blue screens please post the new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom