Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception Error

karenarmstrong

My Windows 10 PC keeps booting into a blue screen with error message:
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

cdeff770-e7b6-4cf9-a66d-15b6641af5d7.jpg

In some cases, your BIOS might be the cause for the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error. To fix the problem, users are suggesting to upgrade your BIOS. BIOS upgrade is an advanced procedure, and if you don’t perform it properly you can cause permanent damage to your PC, so upgrade your BIOS at your own risk.

But before anything else check first what might because of the problem following these steps on how to uninstall the Antivirus. Sometimes Antivirus creates OS problems. Also, Uninstalling your Antivirus would be temporary.

Solution 2: Uninstall Your Antivirus

Unexpected Store Exception Error in Windows 10 {Solved} - WinErrorFixer

Tell me if that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks, that was my main suspicion. More research told me that the unexpected store excpetion error was usually to do with third party software.

Did this start after you downloaded or installed something new? If so, try removing that first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Determining the cause of this issues typically requires the use of the debugger to gather additional information. Multiple dump files should be examined to see if this stop code has similar characteristics, such as if the same code is running when the stop code appears.

If you are not able to work with the underlying code that is causing this issue, these troubleshooting tips may be helpful.

• Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. To open Event Viewer select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.

• Click Start, and type "Windows Memory Diagnostics" in the Search box, and then press Enter. Choose whether to restart the computer and run the tool immediately or schedule the tool to run at the next restart. Windows Memory Diagnostics runs automatically after the computer restarts and performs a standard memory test automatically. To run the extended test, press F1, and use the Up and Down arrow keys to set the Test Mix to Extended, and then press F10 to apply the desired settings and resume testing.

• Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.

• Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. The System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Use the following command to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe).

SFC /scannow

Back
Top Bottom