Windows 7 Unidentified Network "internet access" at random times

sstkehly

This is my first post to the forums. I have an HP dv4t-1400 and upgraded to windows 7 home premium a few months ago. The problem began after i upgraded to windows 7. I sifted through the forums and did a lot of googling couldn't find a solution to my problem. losts of threads about unidentified network - no network access" can be found but none about "unidentified network - internet access".

Basically what's happening is that the internet will connect fine with no problems but then at random times during the day (at least 3-4 times a day) it will switch to "unidentified network - internet access". The internet stops working although it still says "internet access" is available but to an unidentified network. I have to disconnect and reconnect over wifi for it to work again or reset the network adapter when i'm wired to the router. i tried all the solutions in the other threads for "unidentified network - no internet access".

Here are some relevant specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium upgraded from vista
Broadcome 802.11/g WLAN
Realtek PCIe Fe Family Controller LAN

sstkehly:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Sounds like you need to go here Link Removed - Invalid URL= and download the driver for your wireless card and or check here Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC NetXtreme Desktop Driver Downloads and assuming that your actual wireless chipset is not one that is not supported (This driver does not support BCM5700, BCM5701 and BCM5702 devices) download the newer one from Broadcom and use Device Manager to force a driver update.
Otherwise check "Task Manager" Processess Tab and see if you have mDNSresponder.exe running. If so post back and we'll address that issue.

Back