Windows Vista Uninstalled audio output devices

Anne Frick

Hi,

when I purchased my pc the volume was set to mute. Nobody told me that I needed speakers to make it work. Call me dim if you like :( :confused: but I only had a work pc before. I tried various support sites for advice and one suggested uninstalling the audio output devices, so I did this and now have speakers installed, but still no audio (there is a red cross against the audio symbol in the corner of my screen and it states no audio output device is installed). How do I get them reinstalled?

Hi, what you need is a piece of software called a 'Driver'. These 'Drivers' are what enable things like your sound and graphics work. To get the correct driver you need to find out what type of sound 'Hardware' you possess. Did you get any documentation with the pc? You could also ask the store from where you purchased the pc. Once you have this information post back and I'll point you in the right direction.

i'm having the same exact problem
i have a creative audio sound blaster pci 128
but i cant find any drivers that work

Hi, Creative has a driver download page here: Creative Labs Europe | Customer Support: Downloads You'll need to know what type of blaster you have though eg, Audigy, X Fi and so on. Good luck.

I did some looking and that sound card has now been discontinued. You can find XP drivers here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL They may work in Vista but perhaps you've already tried them. Your only other option is to upgrade the sound card. The basic Creative Sound Blasters are usually very cheap.

yea, they are, but i'm not to sure which ones are compatible with vista..

idk i may just go back to xp

yea, they are, but i'm not to sure which ones are compatible with vista..

idk i may just go back to xp
Did you not read what I'd written underneath the link to Creative? The soundcard is too old and is discontinued. So only XP drivers exist. Again your only option is either upgrade the card or use XP.

Back
Top Bottom