Windows Vista Unistalling Vista/Replacing Vista

unkysam

Now, Im guessing you've all heard of these questions and theres probably threads on this, But I am in need of dire help. We all know Vista is flawed and more around its graphical designer rather then its functionality and I've encounterd problems such as:

-Random crashing with the use of Torrenting and peer connection
-The random file arrangement
-Printer not being able to work

And so on. Now maybe im being hypercritical not wanting to use it anymore but Vista came Pre-installed on my Computer, Meaning it didn't come with the original boot/install disk.

I wish to revert back to Windows XP, and I have more then one genuine copy of SP2, but encounter these problems:

-When I go to boot on startup I'm encounterd with a blue screen error.
-When I go to boot via hard drive/menu its unable to downgrade

I'm using a HP pavilion Elite computer that on startup requires you press ESC to go into the Boot menu. Now my Bios settings are right and i've checked through any missing drivers etc, and after researching i've only found tutorials and threads on how to Dual boot and Fully wipe your hard drive.

Can I please know if theres a way into fully getting rid of Windows Vista?

Yours kindly
-Unkysam

set your boot order to boot off of CD drive, start pc with XP cd in drive, wait a few seconds it will say press any key to boot from cd press the any key LOL and follow the directions on the screen.
I would buy a new hard drive, disconnect the old one do the above and save Vista for when you have more time to get used to it.

Just my 2 cents :D

-When I go to boot on startup I'm encounterd with a blue screen error.

After pressing Any key, It will go to boot from the XP disk, then come up with an error telling me that my computer must restart and that if I see this screen again I should check my Bios.

I have done all that I can trying from differnt hard drives, external and internal. Still to no avail, but thanks anyway.

After pressing Any key, It will go to boot from the XP disk, then come up with an error telling me that my computer must restart and that if I see this screen again I should check my Bios.

I have done all that I can trying from differnt hard drives, external and internal. Still to no avail, but thanks anyway.
Can you be more specific about the error, like are there any numbers or code present and if so, what are they?

windows_xp_bsod.png

Its exactly like that (not with the same error values) I'll find out soon what the exact issues it seems to find but whenever I go to boot on startup with the CD the error screen above is all I can get.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

I just got around to trying it once again, It turns out that it comes up with the blue screen error above, but without showing what the error is. The only Technical infomation is just the same as above with the; ***STOP: 0x0000007B etc

Just out of interest, when you change the boot order, do you set it to..

First: CD/DVD
Second:HDD
Third: Floppy
or do you have it different?

I have it the same, I've tried differnt variations but I always revert it back to:
First: CD/DVD
Second:HDD
Third: Floppy/disket
Fourth: group network

Ok just wanted to make sure... Is any anti-virus in the bios disabled?
Oh and sorry to ask this....but are you definately sure that the set-up disk is ok?
One last question...Is your HDD SATA or IDE?

Their is no antivirus in the bios that is being disabled.
I have tested another 2 disks on my computer (All genuine windows XP sp2)
and finally my HDD is SATA ( I belive ).

Before it blue screens do you see the writing where it says 'press F6 to install drivers'? I'm sure if you've got a SATA HDD your gonna need to put the drivers on first (by pressing F6 and you'll also need the correct drivers) otherwise XP won't see the HDD. Thats why your getting problems. Vista already has the drivers installed...

If you let me know what your mobo is I should be able to find them for you....Not promising though..:)

Before it blue screens do you see the writing where it says 'press F6 to install drivers'? I'm sure if you've got a SATA HDD your gonna need to put the drivers on first (by pressing F6 and you'll also need the correct drivers) otherwise XP won't see the HDD. Thats why your getting problems. Vista already has the drivers installed...

Hey...that's what I was gonna say....and ya beat me to it :(

I did some hunting around and I'm sure your using the G33 chipset. To download the drivers go here:
Download Search Results
You'll need download '2'.This'll give you a utility to place the drivers on a floppy. Make sure you look at the 'READ ME' and you should be good to go. Any problems just ask..:)

Jeeez...this is the 3rd time I've written this!!! Page keeps 404ing on me Grrr....

I did some hunting around and I'm sure your using the G33 chipset. To download the drivers go here:
Download Search Results
You'll need download '2'.This'll give you a utility to place the drivers on a floppy. Make sure you look at the 'READ ME' and you should be good to go. Any problems just ask..:)

Jeeez...this is the 3rd time I've written this!!! Page keeps 404ing on me Grrr....
See you should have let me do it and you wouldn't have had to. :eek:

LOL.. I'm sure it's this site as no others do the same... Maybe the servers are in need of a clean?

Okay I'll try it though the computer never came with a floppy drive. I'll either get one, or use a USB flash drive.

Back