Windows Vista Question about unistalling Vista

dellzz

Ok my friend has a laptop and he has windows vista home edition and he wants to unistall it and install windows xp pro. Now i heard that you suppose to have a program to uninstall vista is that true? And he doesnt have the restore disk for his drivers and stuff. After i install xp pro can i link my laptop to his and i download the drivers from the internet and give it to him via network place? His laptop has wireless internet and we got a wireless internet router would his computer be able to conect to it after i put xp pro on it? Or would he have to have the driver for his wireless internet to work? If any one has any information about what im talking about it would be greatly appreciated.

The best way for your friend to install XP is to go into the bios and set the boot order so that it will boot from CD first and HDD second. Then place your XP disk in the drive and reboot. You'll be able to reformat the HDD iwhilst in the install options at the beginning of the install. Once you've installed the os don't forget to change the boot order back. As for drivers, the laptop manufacturers website should have them available for download so maybe you could download them for him while he installs the os. Hope this answers your query..:)

Will i heard that if i do that that there is a chance that the hard drive will crash because Microsoft didnt want people to downgrade back to xp or other os's. Is that true or does any one know? And he has a HP notebook and some one told me that HP makes some of there notebooks cant function with out vista because the drivers want work unless they are running on vista. Does any one know if that is true? Im just making sure that im not going to mess his notebook up. He has a high dollar notebook and i dont want to mess it up and i dont want to have to go to the store and buy another vista disk because i formatted the hard drive and xp want work.

Hmmm... I shouldn't think that installing XP will crash the HDD unless HP has hardwired some form of protection into it. Best thing to do is post the exact make and I can check on the HP site (and for drivers too). I just had a quick look and they had notebooks with vista and xp so again it depends on which notebook your friend has.

I'll check back in 30mins gonna play some Portal...:D

Link Removed - Invalid URL
i went to hp website and talked to a person that worked there and they sent me to this website and they said thats all the drivers that is on his notebook. I just dont know how to see if they will work on windows xp

You may be correct I'm afraid. Unless you can find drivers for XP on your machine your friend is stucjk with vista... But that isn't too bad surely?

Back