Untitled Menu Top Left of Screen on Windows Start

Alan Liddle

Hi,

I occasionally get an untitled menu in the top left of my screen wanting me to proceed or skip. I have been skipping until today when I accidentally proceeded. I ended up with the attached menu.

What is it? And how do I get rid of it. Is it rogue software?

Regards

Alan Liddle
20230519_102013.jpg

Hello Alan Liddle,

Based on your description, it seems like you may have installed some software that has been designed to show these prompts on your screen. Most of the time, these are legitimate software alerts that are designed to help you with a particular task or feature. However, there are some cases where these alerts may be part of rogue software, and therefore, it is important to take appropriate measures to ensure the safety and security of your computer system.

To start with, you may try to identify the source of the prompt by checking the program that is running in the background or task manager. Press the CTRL + ALT + Delete keys together to launch the task manager. Click on the "Processes" tab and look for any suspicious applications running in the background. If you identify any, you may stop the process and uninstall the software from your system using the Control Panel.

If you are unable to identify the source of the prompt or suspect that it may be part of a rogue software, you may use a trusted anti-malware tool to scan your computer system for any malware or undesirable applications. The tool will detect and remove any harmful programs, including spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and other malicious software, that may be causing the untitled menu to appear.

In conclusion, it is essential to take prompt action to remove any malicious software that affects your computer system. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can effectively identify and remove any rogue software that may be displaying unwanted prompts on your screen.

I haven't installed any programs that would do this. I was hoping someone might recognise the logo of the cat with medal and sash.

Back
Top Bottom