Windows 10 upgrade to a new hybrid disc?

MontanaAndy

Hello! When windows 10 first came out, I upgraded and started using it. Every update seemed to really slow down my pc, and give me many performance issues. My system is a home build (Gigabyte H67A-UDH3 motherboard, Intel Core i3-2100T and 8 gigs of GSkill RAM). I had to pull that hdd go back to Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) on a different drive (Windows 7 has continued to work flawlessly on this system). Now I am wondering if I can download a clean install of a stable version (of Windows 10 PRO?) and install it on a totally new hybrid drive. Is 10 still having all the issues with updates causing problems or have the latest builds eliminated any of those problems? Should I just re-install the HDD with 10 already on it and let it upgrade and then migrate to a new drive or start all over, or is it even worth moving on from WIndows 7? Any advice appreciated!

Overall Windows 10 updates don't cause much in the way of performance problems. I'd say the problem is your CPU. Your CPU is almost 10 years old and on top of the the i3 lines are severely under powered. Even the i5 will be significantly more powerful.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not into gaming. I do more with music recording and digitizing a good sized collection of LP's and concert videos that I've been collecting since the seventies. My first build used an AMD processor and a Fatal1TY mobo. At the time I thought it was state of the art (about 15 years back) but it failed miserably when used for my hobbies. I live off the grid, up here in the mountains of Montana, and decided when I built this newer system that I would factor in energy efficency. Using the Core i3 CPU and switching to an LED monitor, I cut my power consumption by nearly 50%.... (and, consequently. considerably reduced the amount of amp-hours I have to replace daily with solar and wind) And the new system has worked flawlessly ever since. When I upgraded to Windows 10, every thing went SNAFU. I don't need a more powerful machine for the work I do. I'm just an old country gent, and I fail to understand why it would need more power to assimilate an update. After all the hardware functions well. I guess I'll just stay with WIn7 for now.

While the CPU requires are the same 1Ghz they don't take into account the are referring to current generation hardware. The fact that it's a second generation CPU and an i3 it will definitely struggle with Windows 7.

Every single system I've worked on for people that were slow as dirt were i3's. They just can't handle much on modern OSes.

The question is whether the connected devices are the same in the power socket (extension cable) Separate them into another socket. and if he is running in a hardware environment then for cable upgrade be connected to the router / modem.
As Neemobeer said # 5 i3 operating environment is win 7. And i ses win 10 needs at least 2gt ram and i5 cpu to function reasonably !. And to that
DOWNLOAD ONLY SSD DISK ONELY : Download Windows 10

Last edited:
Back