Windows 10 upgrade to Build 10523

I expanded all topics under "Turn Windows .... and Hyper is NOT listed.
I do appreciate your sticking with this problem.

Hmm... Ok open the file explorer, click 'view' along the top and enable hidden items:
upload_2015-9-17_20-7-24.png

Click on your C drive and look for a folder marked $Windows.~BT and delete it. This is what contains the upgrade files and your might be corrupted.

It is too bad the Admins have not placed "Insiders" threads in a Sub Forum for clarity. But to confirm, you are running that computer on the Insiders program and you do have the previous Insiders build?

It is also strange the icon for Windows 8.1 and 10 are the same so you can't tell which version any responder is running.

Hey Weeder are you signing into Windows 10 with a Microsoft account or just a local one?

kemical,

I deleted $Windows.~BT and ran update. Same issue, installation of Build 10523
did not take.

New information:

After I clicked on "Restart now", I did see an error window flash by with error 0xc0000409.

I am logging in with my Microsoft account.

I checked my login by going directly to account.live.com to make sure I
was using my Microsoft account. I am. During the upgrade process a window
pops up that is a bulls eye with a % in the center. Normally this % would
climb to 100 but in my case the window just flashes by. This to me is telling
the Build installation is not happening. I do not know what to do now.

I finally fixed my PC problem of upgrading to build 10547.
Here is how:
kemical pointed me to Boot loader Grub: how to repair, adapt or remove it - Easy Linux tips project
which I used to fix this issue. I used step 7.3 and created an evaluation disc of Windows 10 burning
it with ImgBurn and following the directions in Windows 8.x or 10; fix boot problems. I then went to
settings and downloaded build 10547 and installed. To my amazement the upgrade went smoothly.
kemical, thank you for sticking with this problem. It seems the windows boot/loader was broken and
I still have the Grub working on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom