Windows 10 Upgrade to W10 21H 1.

loover1

Hello,

Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 version 21H 1.
The upgrade was downloaded, installed, but when I rebooted the system, everything was uninstalled and came back to the previous version !
How to solve this ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards.

Run these following commands and update your device using the Media Creation Tool

Type in the search box command prompt, right click on it and select RUN AS ADMIN> Once open type these and let it be fully completed.
*WRITE IT AS SHOWN BELOW

1. sfc /scannow
2. dism.exe /online /cleanup-image/restorehealth
Once both done, restart your pc and update using the Media Creation Tool

Here is the link for it Download Windows 10
Open this link, then click on the option of download tool now> install and run it> then in it select the option of Upgrade and let it do it work. That should do it .

Hello AsadAlam,

Applied twice your proposed solution without success !
So the system is back to Windows 10 Home 20H2.

On the other hand, I received following message :
"the installation of the upgrade is not possible;
error codes : 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 : installation failed in the phase FIRST_BOOT with an error during the SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE- treatment." ???

What to do to solve this ?

Thanks anyway for your replies.
Best regards.

Try to update your pc in clean boot
1. open the Run window by pressing Windows key+R.

2. Then, type “msconfig” and then click on “OK“.

System Configuration will open.

3. At first, you have to go to the “General” tab and

4. Then, uncheck the box beside the “Load startup items“.

5. Make sure the “Load system services” is checked.

6. Then, go to the “Services” tab.

7. After that, check the “Hide all Microsoft services” and then click on the “Disable all” .

8. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK“.

Reboot your computer, it will be booted in clean mode. Then try to update your pc. Let me know the results.

Hello AsadAlam,

Applied your solution, but without success and back to 20H2 !
Any other suggestion ?

Best regards.

If nothing helps you might want try letting Windows repair itself:
- Go to All Settings
- Select Update & Security
- Select System Repair
but you will loose installed apps...

Last edited:
Hello. I got 21H1 installed on a machine but on reboot, it asked for my PW, which I typed in. It was refused. Then the fun began ! It, the machine, asked me to change to a new PW, that was fun, it would not accept anything at all. I then hit the "use another way to do this" and it sent me a code to enter. I was to find it in my mail. Get this, inop machine. I used a neighbour's machine and retrieved the code after a second request after not finding them, guess what . . . they were in the spam file. OK, back home with the code still not accepted. Luckily I had a clone and got the machine running.
Is this going to be the new way to get Updates installed ? I enter PW using C&P from a USB device and they always worked before. What has MS added to this Update that needs a PW input on the first boot ?

Applied your solution, but without success and back to 20H2 !
Any other suggestion ? :)

Sorry, but which solution did you try? (because reinstalling Windows should always works, I did it a few times, but it is a lot of work and you will loose installed apps.)

The error is often due to drivers that are being used in third party programs. You coul try opening the startup tab in the task manager. Disable anything non micosoft there, in particular, anti virus programs, then go fo the update again

Hello,

Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 version 21H 1.
The upgrade was downloaded, installed, but when I rebooted the system, everything was uninstalled and came back to the previous version !
How to solve this ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards.
Update your processor and video drivers, clean out your update history, run sfc and dism, fixed me.

Back
Top Bottom