Windows 10 Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

varnium

I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.

So right now I'm still using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition. I didn't upgrade to Windows 8 or 10 because they were not fully compatible with all games at that time. But years have passed and many updates or bug fixes were done by Microsoft. So I assume Windows 10 is a lot more compatible to old games now.

However, I already installed my Windows 7 on SSD NVME. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 on my existing SSD NVME as well. So by the time it is upgraded to Windows 10, it is also bootable on SSD NVME.

Do you know the best way to do this? Any video link that can be useful for me?

What software, driver, or tool do I need to use for this process?

1st of all you assume wrong , Windows 10 will still not play old games like star trek battles because the background OS is different and no patches ever came out to fix the sniffer returning faulse

2nd your path the Windows 10 is the same as its always been, goto the Microsoft store and follow the promps... yes its a bad in the ass but once you upgrade your key then the new installs can go dirrect to Windows 10 next time

p.s, you are going to really hate W11 in 3 years time if you see W10 as having issues with old games because w11 has issues with current games as well

1st of all you assume wrong , Windows 10 will still not play old games like star trek battles because the background OS is different and no patches ever came out to fix the sniffer returning faulse

2nd your path the Windows 10 is the same as its always been, goto the Microsoft store and follow the promps... yes its a bad in the ass but once you upgrade your key then the new installs can go dirrect to Windows 10 next time

p.s, you are going to really hate W11 in 3 years time if you see W10 as having issues with old games because w11 has issues with current games as well
Have you installed Windows in SSD NVMe?
It's not like installing Windows on regular HDD.

i have yes and as long as there isn't another older harddrive in the system at the time of install + you actually have a driver its fine

if the install detects another older drive it will always auto-default to that

i have yes and as long as there isn't another older harddrive in the system at the time of install + you actually have a driver its fine

if the install detects another older drive it will always auto-default to that
Microsoft Store only exist after you install the OS and not before. A driver is only functional after you install the OS. You cannot install a driver without the OS.

To install an OS on NVMe require a specific software to make it bootable. It is installed before installing the OS. It's not just BIOS configuration. And different Windows version has different booting software.

So the question to my original posting is do you know the software to enable NVMe become bootable for Windows 10?

Do you understand the complexity now?

if you have Windows 7 currently running then the store is avalable
a driver always works even if you don't have the OS installed yet... it can be stored in the motherboard or on the USB you are installing your image from, {by default W8 and above will check for one]

the issue where you run into problems is on older hardware that didn't come a NVM because the motherboard doesn't store that driver... there wasn't such a thing at the time

been there, done that more than once mate

in your case i would start by looking up your system model to see if any new drivers can be found online

Back
Top Bottom