Windows 7 Upgrading to 64 bit 7 via the student upgrade?

Quisty

What is the best way to do this? I'm currently dual booting 32 vista (never use it, but just in case) and windows 7 32 rc (seems fantastic). Anyway, I'm eligible for the student upgrade offer, but I'm unsure how this works? its not a bootable disc/image apparently?
How would i go about upgrading to 64 bit 7? Ideally when all is done I'll have windows 7 dual booting alongside ubuntu. Best way to go about this? Dont mind losing vista or the rc, obviously. Any help welcome.

its not a bootable disc/image apparently?
If you have a DVD it should be bootable. If you downloaded the .iso image and burned the image to a DVD it should be bootable. If you downloaded Files only and had to expand them, then you will have to make a Bootable DVD.

Would you please clarify your current situation? Going from 32 bit to 64 bit, you have to have a bootable DVD or Flash drive, or network.

well i have nothing yet you see, i'm not sure which format the student upgrade comes in as I havent bought it yet. I dont think it's bootable disc or iso, but apparently exe files. hence my confusion.

If you download the file, try to download the .iso form. That is fairly easy to burn to DVD. If they give you an option of also getting a DVD shipped, do that or just ship it and don't worry about downloading.

If you have to download the .box files, there are many threads and tutorials to explain how to get it to work, but if you need more, we will be here.

Back