Windows 7 [URGENT] HDD Clicking and freezing

expired

Hi im so confused!

I installed W7 on my laptop this time last year everything was fine till I started to get clicking sounds on my HDD and sometimes causing laptop to freeze. I just ignored it as it only happened about 4 months in and only a few times..but then in June the HDD packed up couldnt even boot windows just had constant clicking noises,

I had the HDD replaced with a new one and they installed Vista on it (had laptop sent off) I got it back installed W7 was fine for 1 day then that sound came back when I trty to copy something to usb it happens and I get I/O error or when Im installing something it happens pc just hangs..

I ran CHKDSK took around 2-3 hours it said it deleted few bad sectors and what not..rebooted and that sound is still there..It cant be the HDD packing up again??

Any idea on how to fix it? fresh install of windows? 7? or back to vista?

Please help as this is urgent, would much appreciate it! THANKS!

Hi.

How to fix it?

Only one way. Buy a new hard drive and install Windows to it.

Any clicking sound in a hard drive is an instant signal the hdd is bad.

After, be very careful about handling the laptop. Do not drop it, bang it into anything or do anything to it which would send even a small vibrational shock to the hard drive, which can easily ruin it.

argh, my warranty has just finished, should I ring them up and say the hdd you gave is faulty? :/

If the warranty is over, I can't see how that would help but you have nothing to lose by trying.

ill have to try :(

just to check its a 200gb hdd..to buy a new one would that be around £70?

Back
Top Bottom