Windows 7 USB 2 is working as USB 1

H2O

Hey Guys,

I've very strange problem here, I can't run any device that require USB 2 at my computer

My USB v2 ports is no longer work as USB 2 but looks like it's working as USB 1
If I changed the current windows 7 version, Un-install it and install new one I get them working

But at this version I can't, I guess that's from the converter from mouse port to usb I've been using them in USB 2 ports, So someone has said that windows 7 downgrade the driver to USB1 automatically so I've re-installed the driver again but it's still the same problem

Any ideas will be much appreciated

Were these 2.0 ports original equipment on the PC? If this is an older PC with USB 2.0 added later it may be the problem. Did you try updating all of the hubs and controllers? You might try deleting the drivers and rebooting too.
Joe

No, It's a new laptop 4gb ram with nvidia 105m and 2.6 core2duo, You mean remove them first then reboot or remove them and re-install then reboot ?

Thanks for your reply Joe :)

Why do think it's acting like USB1? Are you getting a message that "this device can perform faster if you connect it to a high-speed usb 2.0 port"? Or are you just unable to use the USB ports?

Hey Guys,

I've very strange problem here, I can't run any device that require USB 2 at my computer

My USB v2 ports is no longer work as USB 2 but looks like it's working as USB 1
If I changed the current windows 7 version, Un-install it and install new one I get them working

But at this version I can't, I guess that's from the converter from mouse port to usb I've been using them in USB 2 ports, So someone has said that windows 7 downgrade the driver to USB1 automatically so I've re-installed the driver again but it's still the same problem

Any ideas will be much appreciated

I would check in the BIOS (usually DEL or one of the F-keys on booting PC), see if the USB is set to Hi-Speed with legacy auto on, rather than Full speed which is actually slower.

Why do think it's acting like USB1? Are you getting a message that "this device can perform faster if you connect it to a high-speed usb 2.0 port"? Or are you just unable to use the USB ports?

Yes, I get this device can perform fast.

I would check in the BIOS (usually DEL or one of the F-keys on booting PC), see if the USB is set to Hi-Speed with legacy auto on, rather than Full speed which is actually slower.

There's nothing wrong in my BIOS, The same ports works fine on another windows version.

The only time I've seen this happen personlly is when using usb hub extenders that confuse windows into thinking usb2 is usb1, prompting the can perform faster prompt... one sure fire way is to do a usb data transfer and log the speed to get an idea.

The only time I've seen this happen personlly is when using usb hub extenders that confuse windows into thinking usb2 is usb1, prompting the can perform faster prompt... one sure fire way is to do a usb data transfer and log the speed to get an idea.

So there's no fix for this problem ?

Thanks for your reply

Back