Usb audio and 3.5mm audio problem

Marios1441

When i connect my usb headset with microphone, the built-in 3.5mm audio on motherboard and all the 3.5mm devices are not working until i remove the usb. What should i do to have both types working same time?

Have you checked audio settings in Windows?

Please provide more info.

What model is your headset?

what is your sound card or motherboard model?
To find out your motherboard model right-click on Start button, select Command Prompt and type in (then press Enter):

Code:
wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer

To find sound card info run this command:

Code:
wmic sounddev get ProductName

Last edited:
The sound card is usb soundcard HAMA 51620 and motherboard is DG31PR model. The headset is Genius Cavimanus HS-G700V gaming headset.
Windows 10 disables all other 3.5mm audio devices when plugging a usb headset and when disconnecting it returns back to 3.5mm. I want all
to work the same time.

The sound card is usb soundcard HAMA 51620

As I can see you have 2 sound cards.

Have you removed the Hama 51620 sound card before connecting the headset to see if it is related to that?
Try and see if the audio ports of the integrated sound card work while the headset connected and the Hama usb sound card removed.[/QUOTE]

They do not work.

So, the audio ports on the integrated sound card don't work when the headset connected and the USB sound card removed.

I think this is normal behaviour, isn't it?
When somebody uses headset he doesn't use external speakers at the same time (he doesn't have more than 2 ears) and since the headset has microphone too, then no need for an external mic either. I suppose they are disabled by default.

However, if you still want to troubleshoot, you can do this (if not already done):

1) check the audio settings in Windows (maybe there is an option to enable the audio ports when the headset is connected)

2) install the latest drivers for your motherboard/sound card

3) install the latest BIOS/UEFI version for your motherboard (be careful with this, it can render your motherboard useless)

Back