Windows 10 USB devices turn off

Dealer

Hello. I am using windows 10. All of sudden my usb devices such as mouse, keyboard, headphones and wifi adapter turns off and on. It happens randomly no matter what I do. That's really annoying. Is this another windows 10 problem? or what could cause this? bad wiring? a virus?

Hi

One thing that you could look at is in Power Management.
Check and see if the setting to allow Windows to turn off USB devices is checked.

That shouldn't really cause them to be turned off when they are in use but it's worth checking.
There could be some kind of glitch.

Mine is checked, if it's unchecked there is a box for letting Windows turn them back on.

Look in Device Manager, Serial Bus Controllers, Root Hub, Properties, Power Management, and look for a box that you can deselect.

This isn't an uncommon problem, when I searched I found a lot of posts for Windows 8 and later.

Look through this post and see if anything looks like it would help.

usb shuts off randomly

Mike

I cannot recommend any software by IObit, especially driver booster as it's been confirmed to have some pretty insidious spyware viruses contained within it. Generally, we discourage use of ANY automatic driver repair program, and just about all of them contain a number of viruses, many innocuous depending on where that program is downloaded from.:down: Many Gamers download Driver Booster from websites with pull-through ads such as uTorrent and Pirate Bay; and those P2P sites are LOADED with spyware viruses; so even if you download a Safe program from those sources, you are quite likely to catch some nasties. :headache:

If Mike's solution to use W10 settings to repair the problem doesn't work, the OP may already be a victim of a virus/malware attack and needs to scan/remove viruses with a combo of his built-in AV and MALWAREBYTES. If the problem persists, he may have a corrupted W10 and needs hardware testing and advanced software repairs to fix it. If OP downloaded an automatic driver repair program such as Driver Booster he may already have damaged his system.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back