USB trace event 20001

Anders

Hi,

I would really to know when i remove the USB from my computer, i use the USB 20161026 porbably untill 20161110 i removed the USB.
I saw pnp happends and two event code 20001 in the system (date 20161110) but the code 20001 was something about a printer, i have not plugged in any printer this date but i am still sure i removed the USB this date but i will remember the time stamp when i removed the USB and the time
the question is could this be a USB remove with a bug registry of a printer?
Any tip where i can find traces of this USB remove?
maybe i can attach some picture of this scenario, i hope to get help.

Regards

Anders

Hi,
Not familiar with these numbers or codes? Where are you getting them? To what are you referring? Is your USB not working? Is it not ejecting devices such as flash/thumb drives or external hard drives? We could also use more information on your computer? What is the MAKE/MODEL? Is it a desktop PC or a laptop? Is it a self-built or custom-built PC? If so we need complete hw specs including Make/Model of your Mobo, CPU chip, GPU card/chip, RAM sticks, HDD, and PSU Make/Model/Wattage.

And are you talking about removing the USB driver, drivers, or the entire USB root hub from Device Manager? Your post is very confusing! Sorry. More information would really help!

Best,:eagerness:
,,,<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>,,,

Hi,

Sorry, however i just investigate this scenario.
20161026 was my USB in my computer and i am not sure when or if i pluged put the USB the same day, i discover the USB in my computer approx 20161110 and thougt i have dropped the USB and someone else have put it to my computer again (maybe not install it so the PC will sense the USB)

So i looking for traces when i remove the USB, and there is a trace 161110 about pnp use, but the event was about a printer but i have not plugged in any printer so i just wonder if this could be a fail gode when i plugged out the USB?
Or there is other traces or event to look at to see when an USB removed when computer is running?
Will come back about exact computer model, asus station PC.

Regards

Anders

All hardware will have a hardware ID that is associated with the device type, class and manufacturer. The device class will always be the correct class and can't faked. You'll want to look for events from the source PlugandPlayManager.

There is no info about install of PnP this time for the printer in the plug and play, that printer are wireless not a cable connection to my computer.
Any more tip?

Back