Windows 7 User Account Disappearing from logon & control panel

MetalMulisha

Ok, about two weeks ago I seemed to have gotten a virus that we believed to have been some how related to the google toolbar. We could not open the anti-virus, or do to much from my user account, but everything works fine on my moms user account, so she ran the anti-virus and what not. With no other option we deleted my account, and created me a new account, and unistalled the google toolbar. Well now it seems that windows has problems starting up, and when it runs the repair mode, and finally starts the logon screen appears with my mom's account, and the one we deleted.(although when it did this the first time, i clicked on it without thinking, and it set up that profile like a brand new profile). When I logon to my mom's account and go to control panel, it only lists her's and the old account(and the disabled guest account). But when I go to C: and check the users it still lists the account I created to replace the deleted one, and the deleted accounts files are not there. It has had this starting problem several times, and I am really tired of deleting the deleted account and creating a new account.

Is it possible that we didn't completely remove the virus, and that is the problem, or is something else completely? I have extensively tried to google this problem with no avail, so any and all help is much appreciated.

Ok, about two weeks ago I seemed to have gotten a virus that we believed to have been some how related to the google toolbar. We could not open the anti-virus, or do to much from my user account, but everything works fine on my moms user account, so she ran the anti-virus and what not. With no other option we deleted my account, and created me a new account, and unistalled the google toolbar. Well now it seems that windows has problems starting up, and when it runs the repair mode, and finally starts the logon screen appears with my mom's account, and the one we deleted.(although when it did this the first time, i clicked on it without thinking, and it set up that profile like a brand new profile). When I logon to my mom's account and go to control panel, it only lists her's and the old account(and the disabled guest account). But when I go to C: and check the users it still lists the account I created to replace the deleted one, and the deleted accounts files are not there. It has had this starting problem several times, and I am really tired of deleting the deleted account and creating a new account.

Is it possible that we didn't completely remove the virus, and that is the problem, or is something else completely? I have extensively tried to google this problem with no avail, so any and all help is much appreciated.

Do you by any chance have a backup from before the problem that we can restore from? Are you sure you are virus free?

Can you go into event viewer to see what is logged about the problem?

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

No, we dont have a backup, this computer is pretty new like 5 or 6 weeks, and their are not important files i'm worried about being saved.

When I go to the event viewer and look at the critical errors these are what appear:

Source: Bonjour EventID:100 (This error appears to be the majority of the errors that are listed.)
Source: System Restore EventID:8193
Source: Event System EventID: 4622
Source: Event System EventID: 4621
Source: Application Hang EventID: 1002
Source: Application Error EventID: 1000
Source: SideBySide EventID: 35
Source: Google Update EventID: 20
Source: LoadPerf EventID: 3001
Source: LoadPerf EventID: 3011
Source: Thoshiba Service Station EventID: 0
Source: ESENT EventID: 454
Source: ESENT EventID: 419
Source: Search EventID: 4000
Source: Search EventID: 7040
Source: Serach EventID: 3029
Source: Serach EventID:7042
Source: Serach EventID: 9002
Source: Serach EventID: 3058
Source: Serach EventID: 7010
Source: Serach EventID: 3028
Source: VSS EventID: 12289
Source: VSS EventID: 8193
Source: User Profile Service EventID: 1515
Source: User Profile Service EventID: 1511
Source: User Profile Servive EventID: 1533

I didn't know which are important or not so I listed them all.

I cannot login to either user account, after my computer finally loads to the login screen I click on my user account a few seconds later it says welcome and keeps loading, or other times it freezes. I've tried both accounts, I also started it in safe mode with the same results. Edit:it finally loaded after I typed this original mesage on my iPod, there was a message that said failure to conect to windows service in the right hand corner.

Last edited:
No, we dont have a backup, this computer is pretty new like 5 or 6 weeks, and their are not important files i'm worried about being saved.

When I go to the event viewer and look at the critical errors these are what appear:

Source: Bonjour EventID:100 (This error appears to be the majority of the errors that are listed.)
Source: System Restore EventID:8193
Source: Event System EventID: 4622
Source: Event System EventID: 4621
Source: Application Hang EventID: 1002
Source: Application Error EventID: 1000
Source: SideBySide EventID: 35
Source: Google Update EventID: 20
Source: LoadPerf EventID: 3001
Source: LoadPerf EventID: 3011
Source: Thoshiba Service Station EventID: 0
Source: ESENT EventID: 454
Source: ESENT EventID: 419
Source: Search EventID: 4000
Source: Search EventID: 7040
Source: Serach EventID: 3029
Source: Serach EventID:7042
Source: Serach EventID: 9002
Source: Serach EventID: 3058
Source: Serach EventID: 7010
Source: Serach EventID: 3028
Source: VSS EventID: 12289
Source: VSS EventID: 8193
Source: User Profile Service EventID: 1515
Source: User Profile Service EventID: 1511
Source: User Profile Servive EventID: 1533

I didn't know which are important or not so I listed them all.

Thanks and you are correct. The event id 100 is the key.

It is Event ID 100 - The server was unable to logon the Windows account '%1' due to the following error: %2 The data is the error code. Login failure - Unknown username or bad password. Most of the others are not relevant.

Have you tried to enable the hidden administrator account? Boot into safe mode (F8) and type cmd in the search box. Right click the title bar and click run as administrator. In the command windows type net user /administrator active|true (if my syntax is correct) and reboot.

From that new account you can make any mods you need

Let us know if you need help

Ken J

I cannot login to either user account, after my computer finally loads to the login screen I click on my user account a few seconds later it says welcome and keeps loading, or other times it freezes. I've tried both accounts, I also started it in safe mode with the same results. Edit:it finally loaded after I typed this original mesage on my iPod, there was a message that said failure to conect to windows service in the right hand corner.

In re-reading your post I noticed something I had missed in the past. The source was Bonjour service, which is solely for itunes support.

If you can get into windows type msconfig.sys in search>go to the service tab>uncheck bonjour. If that lets you load normally you can un-install then re-install itunes and it should fix it. Sorry I didnt catch it in the first read.

Ken

In re-reading your post I noticed something I had missed in the past. The source was Bonjour service, which is solely for itunes support.

If you can get into windows type msconfig.sys in search>go to the service tab>uncheck bonjour. If that lets you load normally you can un-install then re-install itunes and it should fix it. Sorry I didnt catch it in the first read.

Ken

Ok unchecked bonjour and when prompted to restart or not I choose to restsrt and it's loading like it was last night,very slow. I'm been currently looking at a please wait scren for several minutes now which just turned to preparing to configure windows screen. It loaded pretty quick after that to the login screen, and to my profile but after that trying to get anything to load is quite slow. ie just loaded and Things are still slow, but now everything is normal speed.

Does it do it in safe mode (F8)? If not we can eliminate one driver at a time in msconfig till we find the offending one.

Ken J

Does it do it in safe mode (F8)? If not we can eliminate one driver at a time in msconfig till we find the offending one.

Ken J
Not sure, when I closed off the internet to retsart the computer in safe mode I noticed in the right hand corner it says Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is genuine, but i'll try starting it in safe mode now.

Well I shut down my computer and it didn't give me any options, it loaded normally except for being really slow. It is still trying to load the login screen.

Edit: ok I realized I did wrong, and having it starting in safe mode right now I am experiencing a blank screen, it hasn't displayed the starting windows screen yet

edit2: ok well after a few minutes it loaded to the login screen and to my profile normally

Last edited:
hi :D you got to hit F8 (kinda like spaming F8 ) you only have a few sec's for the window<-- do you get that? :S

ok after doing so it will give you options and pick safe mode and follow the steps ken J told you to :D
all the best
give up news update :D

Things have only gotten worse now we are experiiencing a blue screen of death that says the unmountable boot volume. Can't load windows in any boot options and the only solutions I find I need a win 7 disk which I do not have. Any options I might have?

Back