Windows 7 User Logon question

amajamar

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I have a quick question. I have a new Acer AS1410 running Win7 Premium 64. When I logon to any of my user accounts there is a really quick flash of a little box near the cursor which I think reads, "Authorization" or something like that. It flashes by so quickly that I just can't read it. Is it part of the Win7 boot process or from some of the preinstalled software? I haven't really installed anything on it yet and it has been this way since I got it. Is there any way to slow up the boot process to read what the box says?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forums.

What is the "quick flash" ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It should be a list of user accounts:

windows-7-logon-for-windows-xp.jpg

you click on one of them and type in your password :

windows-7-login.jpg

To clarify, I mean it occurs during logon (while the desktop is loading) onto any account. When I said, "quick flash", I mean I see the little box quickly flash on and off the screen. I think it says "Authorization" or "Authentication", but it comes and goes so quickly I can't read it well.

Hello, and welcome to the Windows 7 Forums.
It's normal for various messages to be displayed during the logon process, this is a setting that can be changed.
Do you want me to post instructions to disable advanced logon messages so you just see "Welcome"?

Well, what I really want is to find out all which application or system process is actually starting which shows the "Authorization", or "Authentication" box on the desktop. Is there any way to slow the boot sequence? Or log it? Or record it so I can review it frame by frame to find out what is occurring?

When you are logging to an account, you should see "Welcome."

Do you have any machine accounts ? Do you loggon with a card connector ?

Back
Top Bottom