Windows 10 Various BSOD's

74hundo

Honorable Member
Hello,

I've had various BSOD's taking place. I upgraded from W7x64 and it seems the most recent BSOD's are the Unexpected Stop Exception error. I can't recall the other one I previously got.
Initially I had a yellow exclamation in device manager, so i removed that, but then got another BSOD. Then I ran sfc and that fixed a couple things, but then it happened again. Installed all the latest updates and video drivers and then it crashed again. So I enabled the minidumps and it happened again, but no dump file. The settings are correct but no file. Actually, I just created the folder manually in case there was an issue writing the file since the folder didn't exist, but it hasn't crashed yet since.
Each time it's crashed it's been when i haven't been using the system so I can't say it was a certain program using it.

I've attached the zip of all the logs from the tool, minus the dumps, since they didn't get recorded. Is this even useful without the dumps? So far, when the settings have been enabled it hasn't written any dump files to the designated location.

Attachments

• W7F_05-09-2016.zip
    366.9 KB · Views: 421
Yup. already went through that and my settings were exactly set up that way but it didn't create a dump file. I'll have to wait for another bsod and see if it creates one this time.

Hi,
if still no dump file is created then try these two things.
First disable the page file, reboot and then enable the page file again set to the recommended amount. This is because the page file can become fragmented.

Second, run a chkdsk just to make sure your HDD is ok as a faulty hard drive can affect dump file production.

Hi,
if still no dump file is created then try these two things.
First disable the page file, reboot and then enable the page file again set to the recommended amount. This is because the page file can become fragmented.

Second, run a chkdsk just to make sure your HDD is ok as a faulty hard drive can affect dump file production.
Thanks,
I've just gone ahead and done this. Also ran chkdsk and it came back with no errors. I shall await a crash...

So it crashed again and no DMP files. But i did notice (and forgot to previously report) is that the blue screen always is stuck at 0%. I've left it overnight and this last time, I know it's been stuck for over 12 hours at 0% so I'm guessing that's why there's no dump files because it never can write one. The pagefile, hiberfile and swapfile are all present in my c:\. The dump settings are correct and exceed my RAM, but it doesn't cant create the dumps as it gets stuck at 0%

Anyways, I've restarted and did an sfc /scannow and it came back clean.

Any ideas here?

Hmm.. I just reread your first post and see you 'upgraded' to windows 10. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because upgrades can be buggy and ideally a clean install is always the most desired route.
Can you post the make and model of your machine please or list the system spec if it's a custom build. Also run the memory diagnostic just to make sure your RAM is ok. To find it simply do a search for memory diagnostic.

Back