Windows 7 Verrrry long startup time

Nisko

I have SSDs and a well oiled (I think) Windows 7 workstation - 16GB memory and a fast processor. My boot time is extremely slow. I tried booting with everything in MSCONFIG unchecked - but it didn't change my boot time at all. There must be, somewhere, a tutorial or set of steps to follow to determine what is taking a computer so long to boot. Perhaps, one of the Sysinternal programs might help - but I don't know how to use them. Can anyone help?

Normally it could indicate that your system disk is full, check that. Just a step one.

Step two could be, plug off from your net cable / wireless, to see if the problem comes from there. Both our cable and wireless connections are more and more loaded, perhaps you've got yourself a neighbor who downloads heavy stuff?

Normally it could indicate that your system disk is full, check that. Just a step one.

Step two could be, plug off from your net cable / wireless, to see if the problem comes from there. Both our cable and wireless connections are more and more loaded, perhaps you've got yourself a neighbor who downloads heavy stuff?

Thanks for the reply - but I've tried all those things. I think I need a much more detailed steps to follow.

Back
Top Bottom