Windows 10 Version 1511, 10586

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello:

The installation of this new update works perfectly, and everything is working well.
But during installation the following files were created "$WINDOWS.~BT, Windows.old and $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER (Size = 0 KB)"
Can I delete these files that take up too much space?
How can I eliminate them? With a NORMAL DELETE?
Thanks for your help and best regards.

Hi

I'd leave them there for a week or so just to be sure that you don't have any reason to undo your update or retrieve anything from them, i.e. address books or favorites etc.

Then it's safe to remove them.

You will probably get a message that says you can't delete the Windows.old file when you try.

If you run CCleaner you will see that the file appears, in the lower part of the list under System or Advanced, I don't remember which.

Just check the box and run CCleaner and it will get rid of it.

It may be that the Partition Marker appears there as well but I'm not sure.

Mike

The way I did it was right clicking on C:
select disk clean up, but this time with the option cleaning up system files,
there you will find an option to remove old versions of the OS.

Sorry for not being able to supply the exact English names of the options, I am on a Dutch version.....

Hi

I'd leave them there for a week or so just to be sure that you don't have any reason to undo your update or retrieve anything from them, i.e. address books or favorites etc.

You will probably get a message that says you can't delete the Windows.old file when you try.

If you run CCleaner you will see that the file appears, in the lower part of the list under System or Advanced, I don't remember which.

Mike
Thank you Mike for your help.
Now everything is well

The way I did it was right clicking on C:
select disk clean up, but this time with the option cleaning up system files,
there you will find an option to remove old versions of the OS.

Sorry for not being able to supply the exact English names of the options, I am on a Dutch version.....
Thank you bochane for your help.
Now everything is well.
I understand your English quite well.

Hi

Mike
Thank you Mike for your help.
Now everything is well.

Back
Top Bottom