Windows 7 Very hard to read font since last Windows update

kimberfo

The other day all of a sudden, the font on many of my applications has changed. It's very light and very difficult to read. I sure hope someone out there has a solution. I've decided it's not the browser (Chrome) and it's not Google because it's happening everywhere, including right here as I type. Really bad ... please someone change this back!??!?! See sample attached.

Attachments

• bad font.JPG
    bad font.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 335
Please follow any of the below steps to fix your problem.
1) Got to control panel and change the font size.
or
2) restore the system to earlier date to resolve the issue.

Thank you Jessica. #1 did not work. How do I restore my system to the day before the last Windows 7 update???

Hi kimberfo,
if your still needing to use system restore then type this is the run box (or copy and paste):
sysdm.cpl
Press OK and you'll see the System Properties dialogue box appear. Look across the top for System Protection and click that. You should now see a tab for system restore please click that.
It will give a recommended restore date but if that doesn't suit your purposes you can always change it by hitting the checkbox for 'Choose a different restore point'. Ideally you should see a restore point in relation to the update that was installed as Windows usually creates a system restore point around the time of update installation.

You need to right click on my computer, open properties, go to advanced settings, select performance and make sure smooth edges of screen fonts is checked. One possible solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you JediChris816. I had already restored my computer but will keep this for the future.

Also, thank you to kemical. That worked, but as you probably know, it's a lot of work to restore!!

Back
Top Bottom