Windows 7 Video Artifacting in anything over 800x600

Racer Xonclar

I've been running the current 64-bit release client for the past 4 days and I can easily say I'm impressed and pleased with windows 7 in so many ways...

The only problem I've encountered that I couldn't handle is this one. Any direct 3D program running fullscreen higher than 800x600 has massive visual artifacts. The games install and run perfectly aside from that. It's happened with Dawn of War - Soulstorm, Unreal Tournament 3, Painkiller, and Warhammer Online.

I'm running the Socket 939 Asus A8V deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64 3400+. 2gbs of PC3200 DDR memory, an AGP BFG Nvidia 7800 GS, and a Creative X-Fi platinum. Granted...old as dirt, but she's running solid. I've installed the beta Nvidia driver and the beta Creative driver. There are no drivers for this motherboard, not for W7 or vista...so i've thought that might possibly be the issue.

As I said above...if I run the game in less that 800x600, it's clean and runs fine. But also, if I run the game in a window it's okay. Doesn't matter what resolution.

Anyone have any idea on what more it could be or how to fix it?

Back