Windows 7 Video card doesn't support Aero effects

lastsunbeam

Hello. I have a problem with running the aero effect on my reinstalled win 7. It worked before. Troubleshooter doesn't help me. The message says, that my video card doesn't support aero effects... Actually the video card is ok I think... because I can talk with skype, I can watch films etc... I can't understand where the problem is. Please help me. Thank you!

Probably needs a drier update. Look in device manager, right click on the graphics card and update driver.

This didn't help too. With troubleshooter i become the message: The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).

Now it works. What I have done: I went to nvidia.com and start searching for the right driver. I saw it can be searched automatically but needs the newest version of java. I went to the site and downloaded it. Than I agreed it to be used with chrome and the search of the driver began. After download and install I had to close all the programs that were using java and then restart. Now I have the aero effect. I had read many articles in internet of people with this problem and nobody told them that. Please notice, that nvidia installs automatically what you need for your graphic card(if you have the compatible product). Thanks to patcooke for the support.

Thanks for the feedback and glad it's sorted. I always recommend going to the manufacturer's site for driver updates.

Back