Windows 7 Video Card driver keeps missing

lucasrato

well here is the issue:

computer : Asus g53sx - a1
The video card is an nvdia gtx 560M
i use windows 7 64-bit

the problem is.. the notebook keeps loosing the driver for this card. I turn the computer off and when i turn it on again the resolution is set to 800x600 and i can't find my VGA not even in the device manager. The notebook came with a cd that has the driver so i use it and install the driver (now it doesn't work). after rebooting it comes back to the original 1920x1280 resolution... but then it begins again... i turn it off... and quen on... back to the beginning. Now, when i try to install the driver from the cd it fails...

I used the resolution as an example but all the features of the card are disabled ...
for example gaming or using any 3d animation program, because the onboard card cannot stand this activities.

any experience with this? any sugentions? any guess?

thank you

i did that already... there's two situation regarding this.

one: when trying to install the driver it says that the video card is not on my computer...

two is install but then it happens just as if i have installed it from th cd...

Make sure that the GPU is fully and firmly seated all the way into the PCIe slot.

I don't know why it might be losing the driver, but is there anything in the bios regarding what type of video it is supposed to start up with?

What's the make and exact model # of your laptop? To your question, there could be....have a look and see what you can find.

about the BIOS stuff... didn't find anything regarding what type of video it is supposed to start up with... about the gpu position... well i never touched it... and it's inside the notebook so... it was supposed to be well settled. i'll give it a try

my notebook is an ASUS G53SX-A1 Made 08/2011 and the video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

I was ... uh... exploring the inside of my notebook and i found that one screw was in the wrong place... pressing to much the place it was... concidently a place near the GPU...i took it off... well i turned the notebook on it worked fine... i rebooted adn turned it off sometimes... it's still working... but it worked other times so i'm not goig to say it's definitive... i'll test it and in 3-4 days i post the results(i hope) or if there's the problem again i let you know...

I was ... uh... exploring the inside of my notebook and i found that one screw was in the wrong place... pressing to much the place it was... concidently a place near the GPU...i took it off... well i turned the notebook on it worked fine... i rebooted adn turned it off sometimes... it's still working... but it worked other times so i'm not goig to say it's definitive... i'll test it and in 3-4 days i post the results(i hope) or if there's the problem again i let you know...

false alarm... it seems it was a coincidence... anyway... the issue moves on... any help would be apreciated...

bassfisher6522 i`m trying to reply your message but i believe they are not being sent. i downloaded the program... when do we use it?

Last edited:
more information about the issue. the detecting of the video card is intermitent... wich makes me think it's not really the driver...
sometimes it starts hyperventilating, the fan makes a lot of noise and spin in high speed
another thing that happens is that sometimes... when it's on battery (working the video card or not) and i plug the energy cable the display turns off and won't come back on till i restart the notebook...

How old is the laptop and is it still under warranty...if it is...send it in for repairs. I think there's more going on then just some hardware/software conflicts. Sounds like the mobo or some other onboard part is going bad. Check the warranty...

Hi,
I have exactly the same laptop as yours (asus g53sx) and exactly the same problem.

What strange is that the NVIDIA display device id detected by windows is
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_000010DE&REV_A1

Where it should be something like this:
\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_13B71043&REV_A1

I guess this is why the driver can not detect the hardware ...
However, i've no clue on whats going on.

I tried to modify the driver .inf file to force the installation, but i either get black screen or freeze at windows boot.

I can't believe its an hardware issue, because the laptop is working fine
THe oher strange ting is that windows is detecting a second graphic card (intel HD ).

ANy help would be appriciated.

Back
Top Bottom