Windows 7 Video card driver needed for Windows 7 - Please help - Post updated....

mileycyruslove

Hi there

So I have Windows 7 in my computer, and I can't just use the Aero features (including the theme), because it says that my video card driver is not WDDM compatible.

My Video card driver is: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Graphics memory: 128MB

Should I install one another driver? If so, which one? If I try to update, it says that I'm using the latest version of the driver and it's up to date. But it says that I can't use Aero because of my WDDM incompatibility. What should I do? I am REALLY tired and bored with the basic theme (light blue).

Guys, I think that there must be a solution because the Windows doesn't say I can't use Aero. Here's a screenshot of what it said (in the thumbnail at the end):

"The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver"

Please help
Cheers

I don't think you have got the power to run aero but you could try this hack:

Follow these steps in the instruction below to force enable Windows Aero Glass Transparency effect on system with video card (graphic accelerator adapter) that does not meet the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model ) specifications, which provides functionality required to render the desktop and applications using Desktop Window Manager, a compositing window manager running on top of Direct3D 9.0Ex, and provides device driver interfaces required by Direct3D 10 runtime used in Windows 7.
  1. Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
  2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
    If the DWM registry key is not found, right click on Windows and then select New -> Key to create new branch and name it as DWM.
  3. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit value) named UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
  4. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Blur, and set its value to 0.
  5. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Animations, and set its value to 0.
  6. Restart the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in Services in Control Panel (type Services.msc in Start Search), or run the following commands in a command prompt with administrator privileges: net stop uxsms
    net start uxsms
  7. Attempt to enable and apply Windows Aero in Windows 7. Restart the computer if required.
The above was copied and pasted from here: Link Removed - Not Found

I don't think you have got the power to run aero but you could try this hack:

Follow these steps in the instruction below to force enable Windows Aero Glass Transparency effect on system with video card (graphic accelerator adapter) that does not meet the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model ) specifications, which provides functionality required to render the desktop and applications using Desktop Window Manager, a compositing window manager running on top of Direct3D 9.0Ex, and provides device driver interfaces required by Direct3D 10 runtime used in Windows 7.
  1. Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
  2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
    If the DWM registry key is not found, right click on Windows and then select New -> Key to create new branch and name it as DWM.
  3. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit value) named UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
  4. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Blur, and set its value to 0.
  5. In the right details pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named Animations, and set its value to 0.
  6. Restart the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in Services in Control Panel (type Services.msc in Start Search), or run the following commands in a command prompt with administrator privileges: net stop uxsms
    net start uxsms
  7. Attempt to enable and apply Windows Aero in Windows 7. Restart the computer if required.
The above was copied and pasted from here: Hack to Force Enable Aero in Windows 7 » My Digital Life

Yeah, I did all that, with no results......I'll see if I can update my drivers....Then I'll keep you guys in touch......

Bye....

Back
Top Bottom