Windows 10 Video scheduler internal error

Did you remove the original driver using the DDU?

Are you still blue screening as well? Why send the dump files if it's freezing only? If the crashing has stopped and your just getting freezing then try running the above scans again.

During the first scan it did crash because I had enabled the driver, so I sent the dump.
After installing the driver from safe mode I haven't seen the blue screen, but windows freezes and hangs in place of the BSOD.

No, DDU is not working. I get some .cfg file missing error in the settings folder.

Last edited:
No, DDU is not working. I get some .cfg file missing error in the settings folder.

Hmm... That's odd. Do you, after booting into safe mode, run the DDU as administrator?

Personally I disconnect from the net (just so windows doesn't install a gpu driver via windows update), unpack the DDU to a folder I created, boot into safe mode, right click the DDU exe and run as administrator. Once the DDU opens click the top option: 'Clean and restart'.
Once back in windows install the new driver and reconnect to the net. Hope this helps.
The DDU is extremely important as it removes corruption from former installs and will hopefully help in your endevour.

Hmm... That's odd. Do you, after booting into safe mode, run the DDU as administrator?

Personally I disconnect from the net (just so windows doesn't install a gpu driver via windows update), unpack the DDU to a folder I created, boot into safe mode, right click the DDU exe and run as administrator. Once the DDU opens click the top option: 'Clean and restart'.
Once back in windows install the new driver and reconnect to the net. Hope this helps.
The DDU is extremely important as it removes corruption from former installs and will hopefully help in your endevour.

Yes, running as administrator still gives this error:

ddu.PNG

And I did get a BSOD crash today when the driver got accidentally enabled, probably after the dism command.

Did you try my method above? Also just unpack the whole DDU into a folder and click the exe inside (as admin of course and in safe mode)

Okay now I did it the uninstall properly with DDU. However it crashed when installing the nvidia driver. And now i just get a black screen on booting.

it crashed when installing the nvidia driver.
Is this with the graphics driver from your website?

Normally i wouldn't suggest this but sometimes Windows update can find a better driver. You could try removing currently installed driver and then running windows update. I mean what have you got to lose?

I did notice when originally looking over your machine that you have a bios update pending. I'm unsure whether this would help so didn't mention it but as we are running out of choices it may be something to consider at some point.

Oh and did you check the ram like i asked a few posts ago? The details on how to do that are contained within the post.

Is this with the graphics driver from your website?

Normally i wouldn't suggest this but sometimes Windows update can find a better driver. You could try removing currently installed driver and then running windows update. I mean what have you got to lose?

I did notice when originally looking over your machine that you have a bios update pending. I'm unsure whether this would help so didn't mention it but as we are running out of choices it may be something to consider at some point.

Oh and did you check the ram like i asked a few posts ago? The details on how to do that are contained within the post.

Yes website one.

RAM test showed no problem

I updated the bios and let windows download the driver.
Still got a BSOD

Can you type dxdiag into the run app, click ok, save and zip it up then post it to the forum.

dxdiag.jpg

We may be possibly looking at a faulty gpu but let's see what the dxdiag say's.

Oh and can you post your last bsod thanks

Last edited:
Here you go
While running the dxdiag I got some error first, saying direct3d could not be accessed the last time this program ran or something, and I had to bypass it.

Attachments

• W7F_31-12-2017.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 300
  • DxDiag.txt
    83.1 KB · Views: 407
Code:
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
      Display Tab 2: There is a problem with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 22'
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.
This means the device has been disabled.

Did you disable the nvidia device because of the crashes? If so please, if you can, enable it and then run the dxdiag.

Code:
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
      Display Tab 2: There is a problem with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 22'
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.
This means the device has been disabled.

Did you disable the nvidia device because of the crashes? If so please, if you can, enable it and then run the dxdiag.

Here is another one

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    83.1 KB · Views: 418
Well the dxdiag looks fine for the gpu although the dump files say that direct x was the cause of the bsod. You could try updating these in case the were corrupted:
Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
Watch out for the checked box to make Bing your default whatever, just untick it and download the file.

I was reading the thread over again and noticed that you don't seem to have ever clean installed the operating system. You upgraded from 8.1 and then back again but you don't mention at any point a clean install. Upgrade installs can lead to a buggy installation and a clean or custom install is always more desireable.

Sorry i forgot to mention, will the nvidia gpu run furmark?
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

See if it will run for an hour. Watch the temperature using HWiNFO64

Windows would probably crash within 10 minutes...

Installing directx is still giving BSODs

Actually I did clean install, after the first upgrade I thought of using a fresh copy. That's how I could initially boot windows with the missing drivers.

Last edited:
Windows would probably crash within 10 minutes...
If that truly is the case and as well as the other testing you have done then we have to consider the nvidia gpu extremely suspect and likely has a hardware issue.

You could try running a chkdsk on the HDD and checking the memory with Memtest86 just to rule out other possibilities but I doubt you would find anything.

I guess you at least have the Intel gpu for now.

You could try talking to Lenovo? I tried using their 'virtual agent' but ran into trouble when needing serial numbers and the like. Why not give them a try, you at least may know what your options are...
laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support

Yes I'll get the hardware checked as that seems like the only option now.
I was disappointed to see that the GPU is probably integrated or soldered into the motherboard.
Thanks for all your help so far. :)

Your very welcome and i hope that you may still get it repaired. Please let us know how things turn out or if we can help in any way.

Hi everyone,

Recently while i was playing a game my laptop crashed with a blue screen with the message " your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart...
with the stop code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I then factory reset my laptop back to windows 8.1 as that was the only recovery back up I had.

After upgrading to windows 10 from there, after a few minutes I got the same crash with another error - VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR.
This puts the laptop in a loop and i cannot boot windows normally.

From the past few days I have been jumping between windows 8.1 and 10 trying to solve it. From what I have seen so far, when windows 10 is freshly installed now, some drivers are missing. I believe the culprit is - 3D video controller whose driver is missing. (Probably my nvidia graphics card).

As soon as windows installs the missing driver, it crashes and goes into the loop.

I have tried letting windows automatically find the driver, which fails. I also tried using a third party app called drive booster to do the job. When the driver installation reached 91%, it crashed.

How should I go about this? I am currently on windows 8.1. I believe i'm trying to install the latest windows build -1709.

Thanks
roll back to the old driver yeah culprit is that Nvidia i been read some of those articles regarding with the bug latest version.. but before doing that you can test first the hardware ... try to visit this how to.. and try to perform the test
How to fix Video scheduler internal error - Error Solutions
Solution 3. Test Graphics card and related hardware

Back